First 2011 Attempt

Started by Didds70, January 02, 2011, 07:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Didds70

G'day All , not a huge poster on the site but do follow closely for what people are chatting about , whispers n updates etc .... , anyway have been mucking around here n there for a couple of weeks and have come up with a bit of a draft side , $100 left in the kitty .

Backs :

Brendon Goddard, $658,600
Bryce Gibbs, $528,200
Brett Deledio, $515,400
James Kelly, $501,100
Andy Otten, $230,700
Dyson Heppell, $177,500
Peter Faulks, $87,500
Paul Puopolo, $87,500
Cameron Richardson, $87,500
Josh Toy, $87,500

Mids :

Gary Ablett jnr, $656,700
Dane Swan, $641,500
Nathan Foley, $283,700
David Swallow, $212,500
Harley Bennell, $207,500
Andrew Gaff, $197,500
Shaun Atley, $132,500
Andrew Krakouer, $87,500
Tom Liberatore, $87,500

Ruck :

Aaron Sandilands, $576,500
Drew Petrie, $224,500
Max Bailey, $87,500
Zac Smith, $87,500

Fwds :

Paul Chapman, $588,800
Nick Riewoldt, $550,800
Lance Franklin, $543,500
Cyril Rioli, $479,100
Jack Riewoldt, $467,100
Steele Sidebottom, $427,000
Chris Knights, $246,800
Jack Darling, $87,500
Luke Tapscott, $87,500
Ian Callinan, $77,400

No doubt have to see the pre season comp to settle on the cheapies but interested to hear of your opinions , both + & -    .

Good Luck in '11 to all .

tferrier18

Hey mate, here's what I think of your side

- .5 for 3 gc starting mids (this means you'll need all 3 of your bench mids to be playing on round 1)
-.5 for 6 rookies (almost a third of your score will be from rookies)
-.5 for only having 12 premiums (most of the teams posted have managed to fit 13-14
-.5 for midfield structure (seems very week. If you're planning on starting 3 rookies then I think you should play it safe by having 3 premiums as well. While foley while return to previous form, it wouldn't make that much of a difference if he didn't if he was in your 4th midfield spot...so see if you can fit another prem in there)

Byes -.5
r4 - only 2 prems out (pretty good, no probs here)
r5 - 0 prems out (perfect)
r6 - 5 prems out (that means you'll be playing with 11 rookies in this round)

7.5 from me. A few things to change like overall structure. No real "no-no's" player selection wise so you're definitely on the right track.

Didds70

Perfect critisism tferrier18 , thanks for that , some very valid points you make . Plenty to take away & think about , namely the Rd 6 point you made , the FOLEY issue , bit heavy on the GCoast MIDS & look at restructuring the FWDS to fit that xtra Prem in the MIDS ( either D.Cross , M.Boyd or Pendles would be my immediate thought ) .

Thanks again .

tferrier18

No worries man, a few of the -.5's overlap so it really could be an 8 as well.

re: foley - I definitely think you should keep him in there, he's in my team as well and will save you a lot of money, but just try squeeze another prem in the no. 3 spot

Didds70

Yep just a matter of backing off someone in the FWDS at this point & maybe also trimming a higher priced BACK , casualties i guess would be decision time between Deledio , Kelly n Gibbs & in the FWDS probably Buddy or Steele S'bottom . I'm sold on Jack Reiwoldt & he'll stay , determined mongrel look on his face when he plays & i like it . All in all just trying a new structural idea this year to try and avoid that bloody no-mans land of the 3-4 hundred granders averaging 60-70 , seriously bad news last year . Long way to go yet .

Knowall

Quote from: tferrier18 on January 02, 2011, 08:30:48 PM
Hey mate, here's what I think of your side

- .5 for 3 gc starting mids (this means you'll need all 3 of your bench mids to be playing on round 1)
-.5 for 6 rookies (almost a third of your score will be from rookies)
-.5 for only having 12 premiums (most of the teams posted have managed to fit 13-14
-.5 for midfield structure (seems very week. If you're planning on starting 3 rookies then I think you should play it safe by having 3 premiums as well. While foley while return to previous form, it wouldn't make that much of a difference if he didn't if he was in your 4th midfield spot...so see if you can fit another prem in there)

Byes -.5
r4 - only 2 prems out (pretty good, no probs here)
r5 - 0 prems out (perfect)
r6 - 5 prems out (that means you'll be playing with 11 rookies in this round)

7.5 from me. A few things to change like overall structure. No real "no-no's" player selection wise so you're definitely on the right track.
he does have Knights and Foley who could become prems as well as sidebottom if u havent allready included him.
But ur other points are well raised and tend to agree.  Id consider getting polec in there instead of Bennell.  Also not a fan of j.riewoldt i think there are more reliable and stable options.

MTTY

1. Good backline good unique in Faulks

2.Too many GC mids IMO, i reckon take one of Bennell or Swallow if your set on Ablett, or downgrade Ablett then upgrade Bennell or Swallow

3.Great rucks can't go wrong with that combo

4.Godd solid forwards nothing wrong with them

good team 9/10

Didds70

No worries , thanks knowall & MTTY for the most recent comments . Plenty of tinkering to be done yet , 1 more starting premium to the Mids i'm thinking , back off on the GCoast thing & mull over J.Reiwoldt . If J.Roo were to go , my thought may be a much better behaved Jared Waite .

Just re: Rds 4 to 6 , i was told or read that there's no Scoach these rounds , we play 1-3 then 7-end . I may be having  thick moment but , like tferrier18 commented on Rd 6 that i have 5 premiums out of that line up , why should it matter ? I'm sure the answer is that ridiculously obvious i'm missing it .

Cheers again .

MTTY

Quote from: Didds70 on January 04, 2011, 08:10:47 PM
No worries , thanks knowall & MTTY for the most recent comments . Plenty of tinkering to be done yet , 1 more starting premium to the Mids i'm thinking , back off on the GCoast thing & mull over J.Reiwoldt . If J.Roo were to go , my thought may be a much better behaved Jared Waite .

Just re: Rds 4 to 6 , i was told or read that there's no Scoach these rounds , we play 1-3 then 7-end . I may be having  thick moment but , like tferrier18 commented on Rd 6 that i have 5 premiums out of that line up , why should it matter ? I'm sure the answer is that ridiculously obvious i'm missing it .

Cheers again .
in the BYE rounds there are no league games but your scores in those rounds still count to your overall ranking

Didds70

Quote from: MTTY on January 04, 2011, 10:20:32 PM
Quote from: Didds70 on January 04, 2011, 08:10:47 PM

Cheers again .
in the BYE rounds there are no league games but your scores in those rounds still count to your overall ranking
Yep , Thanks MTTY , the answer was right in front of my nose . Looking more so to win leauge comps due to cash involvments . But may have to give a bit more thought to not having that many prems out in Rds 4-6 .

Loving the Tinkering .

Junktimer

nothing wrong with the backline.

3 GC's in the midfield is a bit of a worry, IMO you have to cull at least one of them.  Don't think Liberatore will get games.

Very standard rucks.

Good strong forward line, only issue really is Jack Riewoldt, relies too heavily on goals to score well.

Overall, a good start, 9/10.

Didds70

Thanks Junktimer , continuing to tinker & have addressed the Jack Reiwoldt issue of perhaps being a little 1 dimensional , did read today , on aflfeeds.com (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-time-trial/story-e6frf9jf-1225982318159?from=public_rss) , that he's dropped 3-4kgs in an effort to improve his versatility . I've got him sitting out for now but he's still in the fray . Extra strings to his bow can only be a plus .

Yep , very very standard rucks , will however have a muck around with something like moving Petrie into the FWD line as a cheap & Josh Fraser as 2nd ruck to Sandi . Some Scoach's might cringe at the idea but can't ignore Fraser's price tag , BUT he'd have to chip in with majors to make it all worthwhile . And he's another GCoaster . Lots will change . Got the impression from the news last night that Petrie may not be in full swing yet either .

On paper at the moment i've dropped the GC mids back to Yablert Jr & D.Swallow .

But anyway , cheers for the 9/10 , i'm marking myself a little harder than that , all good fun . Shall at some stage post V2 , probably here on this topic .

Didds70 ......

Didds70

Righto , back again so soon . Thrown a few more ideas around & come up with V2 . $5K left in the bank . Some risks for sure but willing to take them , Petterd may be the highest risk , i think , if i've done my homework right . Gotta take advantage of these guys , i'd rather pay the price having a crack than repeat last years efforts by picking the likes of J Ziebell , K Tippett , (my beloved Bombers ) M Williams and C Hooker & Josh Hunt( to a lesser extent ) . Am treating Luke Shuey ( providing all is ok ) along the same lines as a D Swallow-Gaff-Heppell-Bennell etc ..... only $10K dearer than Swallow with games under his belt at a weakish club , sounds good to me & I think once you've had Glandular Fever you don't get it again , so no recurring injury there .

Def :
Bryce Gibbs, $528,200
Brett Deledio, $515,400
James Kelly, $501,100
Jarrad Waite, $444,000
Josh Drummond, $416,800
Andy Otten, $230,700
Dyson Heppell, $177,500
Michael Coad, $87,500
Peter Faulks, $87,500
Cameron Richardson, $87,500
Mids :