Michael Walters

Started by PowerMan, January 02, 2011, 02:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerMan

I reckon this lad will be a goer this year, played the last 3 minor round games for freo last season, scoring 91 in one of them, also played a pretty game in the Final against geelong. He will be a smokey & a unique for this year IMO.

elephants

yeah mate i looked at him at the end of last year :) i think he could be good whats his price?

Junktimer

$225,600

I'd have to say unlikely, reckon there are better options

elephants

yep and at an awkward price too, man rookies could make you up to 150k and there are no garuntees with this boy

PowerMan

Quote from: elephants on January 02, 2011, 03:12:14 PM
yep and at an awkward price too, man rookies could make you up to 150k and there are no garuntees with this boy

there's no guarantees with rookies either!

elephants

but they are more likely (if a high rookie) to get games than this player who seems to be out of sorts with freo?

McRooster

I actually had him on the short list last year but went with some bloke called Barlow instead  :D
Will be too awkwardly priced to consider this year.

elephants

Quote from: McRooster on January 02, 2011, 03:40:59 PM
I actually had him on the short list last year but went with some bloke called Barlow instead  :D
+1 that barlow was good... i wonder what happened to that boy :)

McRooster

Quote from: elephants on January 02, 2011, 03:47:55 PM
Quote from: McRooster on January 02, 2011, 03:40:59 PM
+1 that barlow was good... i wonder what happened to that boy :)
The AFL's most wanted "Rhys Palmer" killed him  >:(
I seem to remember something about Michael Walters straight line speed being outstanding but it's his change of direction that causes injury more so in him than most  ???

elephants

oh okay good info rooster
rhys.......farmer????

dale93

Pick yes for me I need someoone to fill in the spot of 6th foward behind knights and infront of petrie...and cheap he showed very good sighns last year...

valkorum

Walters issue has been his endurance.  He has great straight line speed but doesnt have a tank..... Although the training reports I am reading say that he is doing a lot better in that area this pre-season.

Could be good but his price doesnt make him appealing (along with team security)

McRooster

Quote from: valkorum on January 02, 2011, 08:37:35 PM
Walters issue has been his endurance.  He has great straight line speed but doesnt have a tank..... Although the training reports I am reading say that he is doing a lot better in that area this pre-season.

Could be good but his price doesnt make him appealing (along with team security)
Thanks val  :) Who do you think he is in direct competition to for a spot?

valkorum

I think he is in direct competition with Balla, his height doesnt help.  Just re-read some training reports and it looks like Walters may be carrying a niggle as he is in the re-hab group

Junktimer

great insight valkorum!

you know your dockers