Personality Of The Year 2011: The Elxam Awards

Started by Hellopplz, January 02, 2011, 12:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DazBurg

Quote from: Master Q on January 02, 2011, 05:57:01 PM
Also, where is Elxam. Why isn't he on the list?
well his name is the trophy cuz if we put him up there anyone who joins this year wouldn't know who he is so wouldn't get the credit he deserves

where as naming it after him if someone new comes here and wonders why it's named that we can tell them

EDIT: not saying he doesn't deserve to be there just how it seems looking at it to me i mean maybe thats why

DazBurg

Quote from: Alex7089 on January 02, 2011, 05:59:47 PM
Dunno Q.

You are right about Pros though, not many on here know him because they all came after he got his MOD duties and he doesn't post as much any more. He used to be THE man.
thats where i said how many people will change there votes will be interesting to see cuz when footy kicks back in alot of the other will come back and with thier helpful advice they start to be thought of
where as this early in there are alot of regulars missing atm

bomberboy0618

hmm yeah, but i think it will be more the people who are undecided will change votes, i doubt that people will come from not considered to being a vote, more an honorable mention to getting a vote

Master Q

TBH I hope people start changing there votes, as a lot of the newer guys don't know the  Footy-Fanatics and are just voting for the Off-Season Casuals.

Justin Bieber

I wonder if people have seen how I've worked out the top of the list to mid list? M0nty was put first for a reason followed by Pros. Both are big parts to the forum and it wouldn't be as good as it is now without them. The rest are done via Coach Status (until the middle names).

Quote from: Master Q on January 02, 2011, 06:13:44 PM
TBH I hope people start changing there votes, as a lot of the newer guys don't know the  Footy-Fanatics and are just voting for the Off-Season Casuals.
The Remove Vote button is Gold this year. Means we can change our vote to suit what we feel at the time. And this year even tougher even with the extra vote.

Quote from: Junktimer on January 02, 2011, 02:34:18 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on January 02, 2011, 12:33:45 AM
I think Daz. But he nominated half the list :P.

Voted for Alex, McRooster, Crowsfan and Junktimer.

I have the option to remove vote so I hope all of you do too :).

absolutely honoured HP  :) :)
I voted for all these great users for different reasons that helped build the forum to what it is today.

Alex, I don't know who he is but I hear he's awesome ;). Fun personality and really lifted the Cricket Board to what it is today, including the FTP threads.

McRooster is an obvious choice. A voice of reason and and uplifted personality. No doubt he'll be contending this year for the Big prize as he is just Legen-wait for it-dary.

Crowsfan has helped the Soccer Board move along well and garnering more interest now.

Junktimer's spot wasn't completely solid but for his off season work, he certainly deserves a mention (as does Ossie for that matter). Lets hope you can continue this year during the season and give out more sound advice for others :).

Many more are on my shortlist and if I were to name them all, would easily come up with 10+ names. We have such a great bunch of people on the forum which make it just that much more enjoyable.

HillHero13

everyone on the list are eligable to get a vote for me..

ossie85

Thanks guys, I'm blushing!

I'm gonna stay on the fence for a bit though. Very early in the year, and 4 is too few!

Is there an 'all of the above' option?

HillHero13

Justin Bieber

But 5 would be too much! ;D. Only 50 nominees right now is 1/10th of the list is a tad too much I would think.

There is no all of the above option as then that'll win easily ;D.

At least the votes are flowing early for you ossie :D. Different from last Year's :P.

Junktimer

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 02, 2011, 09:08:24 PM
I wonder if people have seen how I've worked out the top of the list to mid list? M0nty was put first for a reason followed by Pros. Both are big parts to the forum and it wouldn't be as good as it is now without them. The rest are done via Coach Status (until the middle names).

Quote from: Master Q on January 02, 2011, 06:13:44 PM
The Remove Vote button is Gold this year. Means we can change our vote to suit what we feel at the time. And this year even tougher even with the extra vote.

Quote from: Junktimer on January 02, 2011, 02:34:18 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on January 02, 2011, 12:33:45 AM
I think Daz. But he nominated half the list :P.

Voted for Alex, McRooster, Crowsfan and Junktimer.

I have the option to remove vote so I hope all of you do too :).

absolutely honoured HP  :) :)
I voted for all these great users for different reasons that helped build the forum to what it is today.

Alex, I don't know who he is but I hear he's awesome ;). Fun personality and really lifted the Cricket Board to what it is today, including the FTP threads.

McRooster is an obvious choice. A voice of reason and and uplifted personality. No doubt he'll be contending this year for the Big prize as he is just Legen-wait for it-dary.

Crowsfan has helped the Soccer Board move along well and garnering more interest now.

Junktimer's spot was completely solid but for his off season work, he certainly deserves a mention (as does Ossie for that matter). Lets hope you can continue this year during the season and give out more sound advice for others :).

Many more are on my shortlist and if I were to name them all, would easily come up with 10+ names. We have such a great bunch of people on the forum which make it just that much more enjoyable.

fixed it HP  ;)

Justin Bieber

Haha ;D. Lets hope you can continue 8). Then it'll be ;).

RiOtChEsS

my votes r based on BIG personalities... if it were a who contributes the most award then its clearly
:Monty Q Pros Hp Rb Alex Ossie etc i mean these guys contribute many hours that can be easily taken for granted...

can we get an outline Hp of the criteria we should be basing our votes upon or is that just complicating things too much?

HillHero13

i wouldn't expect to get many votes or that vote for that matter...

i don't really do stuff like HP or Q or those type of people, i hang around and join in on things :P

Hawka

Quote from: HillHero13 on January 03, 2011, 12:44:04 AM
i wouldn't expect to get many votes or that vote for that matter...

i don't really do stuff like HP or Q or those type of people, i hang around and join in on things :P

same for me :)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Marcz on January 02, 2011, 11:55:18 PM
my votes r based on BIG personalities... if it were a who contributes the most award then its clearly
:Monty Q Pros Hp Rb Alex Ossie etc i mean these guys contribute many hours that can be easily taken for granted...

can we get an outline Hp of the criteria we should be basing our votes upon or is that just complicating things too much?
You can base your votes on whatever you want really. Some of the biggest personalities don't post alot like you said. BB wanted to run little sections for different awards where people can nominate and vote for a certain category(e.g Last year there was a Sexiest FF Coach award :P).

Just because I'm the leading poster, doesn't mean I'm the bigger personality on here ;). Just means I post too much :P.