Personality Of The Year 2011: The Elxam Awards

Started by Hellopplz, January 02, 2011, 12:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Welcome to the 2011 Edition of Personality Of The Year :D. Last Year's edition was such a success everybody wanted another version up and running. This year looks to be even bigger and better with a few new editions:
The ability to withdraw and revote whenever you like. Last Year once you voted, you can't take back your vote. This year you can do it as much as you want when you change your mind but please don't keep changing votes every other day :).
The second change is that with such a bigger list, I've given a person 4 votes. Last year it was only 3 votes due to a small intial list. This year has a much bigger list (bound to get even bigger) and so the option for more votes :). Use the extra vote wisely though.

Everybody and Anybody is allowed to nominate themselves or others if their name is not on the list. If you do not want to be apart of the list anymore, just put in a post and I'll remove your name when I read it :). I'm not forcing anybody to take part and it's all in good fun.

All Coaches up were automatic entry while anybody else can nominate as said before. Please do not vote for yourself as it takes away from the meaning of this poll :).

The title as many know, is dedicated to the former FanFooty DreamTeamer Elxam who has sadly past away :'(. Just a way to remember him :).

If you want to see how this all came about, read through the first ever edition here: http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,15484.0.html

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 01, 2012, 07:21:21 PM
Well another year on FanFooty has passed, and this also means Personality Of The Year 2011 has also finished. To show how much the site has grown, there was a 56 voter increase from the first edition (from 97 to 153) not to mention MANY, MANY more entrants into the award :). Thank you to all who nominated and especially to all those who voted :D.

Whereas the first award was hotly contested, this past year's edition was an almost runaway winner with Hellopplz gaining 49 votes, meaning almost a third of the voters had voted for him. Second place went to the humble McRooster with 35 votes, which is nothing to chuff about considering the sheer amount of entrants :). Roost is a wise poster, picking his moments to post. But when he does, we all know they are Premium. Behind them were Prospector (Now GoldDigger) and MasterQ on 22 votes a piece. Both had gone missing somewhat last year, but their knowledge and personality were so memorable they still garnered votes. Tied for fifth place are Ossie85 and m0nty. m0nty has done a terrific job running the site and forum which is seen by how many use his site for fantasy football and other things. Ossie is known for things such as running the Coaches League not to mention World XV's (more recently) as well as his general great advice and banter through all the boards.

Well that wraps up the second edition of The FanFooty Personality Of The Year Award. I sadly announce that I may not be able to run a third edition of The Fanfooty Personality Of The Year award :(. But this opens the chance for somebody else to take the reigns :). I am finding myself having a harder time to commit alot of time into Fanfooty so hopefully we get a User who's going to stick around alot more than me to take over.

MajorLazer

I forgot it was 2011. :P
Please vote for me.

Very appropriate title HP.

Justin Bieber

Haha ML. Better get advertising ;).

Hopefully this poll works with the remove vote button. Last one did once ???.

pyronerd

i have just one query, who nominated me?? i want to thank them  ;D :P

Justin Bieber

I think Daz. But he nominated half the list :P.

Voted for Alex, McRooster, Crowsfan and Junktimer.

I have the option to remove vote so I hope all of you do too :).

MajorLazer

I don't want to vote for myself. Hope someone votes for me.

MajorLazer

Hawka

i voted for
hp,roo,roost and valky  ;) but of course it may ultimaly change :)
cos there was atleast 10 others i was considering  :-\

and so do i :)

pyronerd

MajorLazer

I voted for Roost, HP, RB and Daz.

I just realised I have 79 posts to go til Coach. :)

Justin Bieber

Wait a sec, I think I threw your name in Pyro :P. Lets hope for it ML and Congratz :).

McRooster seems the most likely to win with a early lead :o. Deserving leader though (although tied with me but bound to pass me ;)).

It was so hard to choose. Chose my guys due to different contributions to the site. I think 5 votes would of been overkill as it's 1/10 of the nominees you vote for.

Glad to see people like the remove vote option :D. Special mention to ossie for it :D.

pyronerd

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 02, 2011, 12:38:36 AM
Wait a sec, I think I threw your name in Pyro :P. Lets hope for it ML and Congratz :).

McRooster seems the most likely to win with a early lead :o. Deserving leader though (although tied with me but bound to pass me ;)).

It was so hard to choose. Chose my guys due to different contributions to the site. I think 5 votes would of been overkill as it's 1/10 of the nominees you vote for.

Glad to see people like the remove vote option :D. Special mention to ossie for it :D.
thanks for that HP  ;D ;D ;D

Hawka

HillHero13

McRooster- My number 1 vote, he is there to help, he encourages you, he keeps you happy, he does not just do that his here for the fantasy side of things, he has a true personality, a unique in my mind and i don't really see anyone like him on here. His in the cricket board quiet often and he has the ability to cheer up anybody on any given day, his not a sore loser when he loses in FTP or whenever, and he has to be one of the most loved on fanfooty. Stay Premium! :P

Master Q- His here, there and everywere. Q organised the AEPL Season for us which is awesome, he organised the Pav World Cup i think, he is in all the club boards in the fantasy boards and when you see all that you wouldn't think he has time to come down to the feedback, front bar, coaches board etc. But yes he does, he is in the front bar mucking around in the coaches board organising things giving some advice that coaches need, then the feedback, his there all the time, his like a 2nd m0nty.

Fletch74- The work fletch does in all boards is amazing, he is in the club boards and is very passionate about Essendon, he sets up most things in the AEPL Season, which he has not even entred a team, he is in the cricket boards helping around there, telling everyone his opinion and has is own opinion, he rarely has the same opinion as anyone else, but most people have the same opinion as him after they read what he says, he is a man of his word.

Alex7089 - As much as i hate to say this :P Alex is one of the most known and liked person on Fanfooty, his on the cricket board all the time he comes down here and often posts his thoughts in the coaches board, and his in the fantasy section most of the time, he has this wierd relationship with RB :P but everyone on Fanfooty loves him. and one of my favorites.

Honorable Mention

Roo Boys!
BratPack
Hellopplz
Prospector
m0nty
DazBurg
Junktime
MajorLazer

and a few others..

McRooster

Does anybody really think that Q or HP didn't get where they have because they didn't have the talent or the strength or the endurance or the commitment?

Easily 1 and 2  8)

Most people know I am here to raise awareness and recognise that education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

One man can make a diference, but don't listen to me, listen to your heart and follow that path and stick to it. Most of all.....

Stay premium