High: 118 (Round 20)
Low: 18 (Round 4)
Standard Deviation: 31.85
Centuries: 5 out of 15
Starting Price: $291,300
High Price: $440,400 (Round 21)
Low Price: $247,200 (Round 12)

Summary:

Ok, ok, ok. I admit it. When Collingwood first recruited Leigh Brown, I was more than skeptical. However, his 2010 was outstanding, and after 3 clubs and 200 matches, is now a Premiership Player.

The first part of the season was his usual spud-like scores - 67, 63, 32, 18 in the first four rounds, until disappearing until round 11.

From round 16 to 21 however, something amazing happened for Leigh Brown. Under the brilliance of Mick Malthouse, he found his role perfectly in the team. 5 centuries out of 6, including big scores against St. Kilda and Geelong.

With subs coming in 2011, many clubs are looking for the Leigh Brown type utility rather than playing a 2nd ruckmen.

The Crystal Ball:

Based on last year's magic number
Price: $395,800

Based on m0nty's fanplanner
Price: $376,900

Position: FWD/RUC or DEF/FWD or FWD

The fanplanner has him listed as a DEF/FWD, but I really disagree with this. He played as a forward and pinch hitting ruckmen, so I think he will either be a FWD/RUC or just a FWD.

Hard to tell how the sub rule will impact Leigh Brown, but I think it will help him. What is amazing though is he turns 29 early February, and has played 209 games. Is LEIGH BROWN of all people on track for the 300?! Time will tell.

Decision:

If he is a FWD/RUC, it becomes a choice between Drew Petrie, Kurt Tippett and Leigh Brown. Petrie obviously wins that battle, the the case between Tippett and Brown is less clear IMO. I gotta say he is unlikely though, even if Petrie and Tippett are unavailable.

nas

Great write up, but reckon if MPP with ruck Petrie wins IMO & Tipps (Shudder) after this year I would not have either. So yeah agree with your Decision Quote.

pyronerd

Quote from: naste on January 01, 2011, 11:26:37 AM
Great write up, but reckon if MPP with ruck Petrie wins IMO & Tipps (Shudder) after this year I would not have either. So yeah agree with your Decision Quote.
+1 very unlikely for me he is in that awkward price range...

ronl

Petrie second ruck, Tippett 6th forward(don't laugh, I really do think he'll improve this year), Brown out of the equation.

McRooster

Quote from: ronl on January 01, 2011, 05:42:57 PM
Petrie second ruck, Tippett 6th forward(don't laugh, I really do think he'll improve this year), Brown out of the equation.
LOL ;D - couldn't help myself  ;)

Leigh Brown may have removed that monkey off his back of having the 'spud' as his nickname but even with his late season form he won't finish in front of Petrie in many teams.

MajorLazer

I don't think he has shrugged off the nickname of SPUD just yet. Wait and see if he can perform this year.

For my team, I don't want it to read Roo, Pav, Delicious, Spud. :P

pyronerd

Quote from: MajorLazer on January 02, 2011, 01:25:42 AM
I don't think he has shrugged off the nickname of SPUD just yet. Wait and see if he can perform this year.

yeah i dont really think the words delicious and spud go together  :P

P.S. wooooop im now a bench steward, im slowely getting closer to coach  ;D

Hawka

i used to think this guy was the biggest hack of all time lol but he is alrite now just dont pik him like my dad did  ::)

MajorLazer

Quote from: pyronerd on January 02, 2011, 01:27:30 AM
Quote from: MajorLazer on January 02, 2011, 01:25:42 AM

yeah i dont really think the words delicious and spud go together  :P
Unless talking about baked potatoes. :P

He may have improved, but I'm still not taking him.

pyronerd

Quote from: hawka26 on January 02, 2011, 01:29:12 AM
i used to think this guy was the biggest hack of all time lol but he is alrite now just dont pik him like my dad did  ::)
hey i had him last year when he madfe those 5 centuries in 6 games, that helped me  :P

Hawka

well my dad picked him in2009 then at the start of 2010 wen he sucked :P

Junktimer

once a spud, always a spud.

never.

nas

MTTY