1 (9.1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
3 (27.3%)
6 (54.5%)
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 1

hally25547

thanks for all the comments and rates everyone.

More would be appreciated :)

maanco

its prety good 9/10
only thing i would be worried about is thomas.

PS. can you rate mine http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23647.0.html

hally25547

cheers manco - just rated it then

happy to rate others as well :)

Chopps

Great team I d say a 9 but I have only 5 diff starters, for me Thomas  is the only concern

hally25547

many people have commented on thomas being a risk so i have traded him out for mitch morton and upgraded otten to broughton.

My team now looks like this and changes are in bold in the first post.

Backs: Goddard (C), Gibbs (C), Kelly (C), Deledio (C), Broughton, Adcock,  Jacobs -Iles, Richardson, Toy

Mids: Swan, Montagna, J Selwood, D Swallow, Gaff, Heppell (B) - Blease, Krakouer, Mzungu (F)

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox - Smith, McDonald (F)

Forwards: Franklin, Sylvia (C), N Reiwoldt, Morton (C), Knights, Petrie, Prestia - Matera, Callinan (C), Tapscott

I have $9 100 left over.

RobbieK

I have a bit of a structural comment about your team - I really don't like seeing two players from the same team in the same position now that the bye has to be factored in, and you have two players from the same team in defence, midfield and attack. I think you are asking for trouble with that.

As such I think you ought to swap Mzungu and Callinan (admitedly, that isn't such an issue because they are both DP players, but I would have my initial team with Callinan in midfield and Mzungu in attack), replace one of Illes and Toy (maybe with Essendon's Hibberd or another mature age option?), and reconsider the Krakouer selection. There are plenty of solid options you could replace him with - Wallis, Foley... no point really running through them all, and it will obviously change with the preseason.

Other than that, I think the team looks solid. I think you may be overpaying in your rucks to get Sandilands and Cox, particularly because I have doubts about their scoring next season - they have starred for a number of seasons now in DT but they can't escape the passage of time.

snubbs

thanks hally for the feedback on my team

i like your team. great defence but i find it hard to believe that otten is not in there. imo, he should be a lock. maybe downgrade adcock/ broughton to him and free up some cash.

midfield is great with 3 of the best premiums and 3 of the best rookies.

rucks are great.

forward line is very similar to mine, so naturally, i think its very good  :)

good use of the salary cap and mpp. like everyone, unsure on the bench rookies this far away from the season.
8.5/10

hally25547

Quote from: snubbs on January 06, 2011, 02:57:40 PM
thanks hally for the feedback on my team

i like your team. great defence but i find it hard to believe that otten is not in there. imo, he should be a lock. maybe downgrade adcock/ broughton to him and free up some cash.

midfield is great with 3 of the best premiums and 3 of the best rookies.

rucks are great.

forward line is very similar to mine, so naturally, i think its very good  :)

good use of the salary cap and mpp. like everyone, unsure on the bench rookies this far away from the season.
8.5/10

snubbs i did have otten in there and i was tossing up who to upgrade out of otten and adcock. I chose otten because i think adcock has more potential and could average mid 90's which is keeper status in the backline. Otten might also have a more of a stopper role with bock gone rather than one of those third man up types. Howver this is just my opinion and i could miss the boat badly. Only time will tell

Nails

Quote from: hally25547 on January 01, 2011, 12:13:43 AM
Hey everyone, this is my latest team. Sorry for so many threads but with a few changes to player positioning my team is quite different. I would really appreciate rates and comments. Criticism is welcome.

Backs: Goddard (C), Gibbs (C), Kelly (C), Deledio (C), Broughton, Adcock, Jacobs -Iles, Richardson, Toy

Mids: Swan, Montagna, J Selwood, D Swallow, Gaff, Heppell (B) - Blease, Krakouer, Mzungu (F)

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox - Smith, McDonald (F)

Forwards: Franklin, Sylvia (C), N Reiwoldt, Morton (C), Knights, Petrie (R), Prestia - Matera, Tapscott, Callinan (M)

I have $9,100 left over

Is there anyone i have missed? Where can i improve?

A rate and comment would be greatly appreciated

Cheers Hally :)

Backline is pretty good I wouldn't change that

I think possibly one too many rooks in the mids... Perhaps downgrade Sandi and upgrade one of your rooks.

Good value in the rucks this year, whilst I realise set and forget can be a good tactic the likes of Fraser is hard to pass up imo and with Sandi getting injured towards the end of last season I'm a bit worried about him.

Your forwards aren't bad, not a huge fan of them though. 7/10

marto9532

I’d go with Duffield over broughton as Duffield is freo’s go to man out of their bacline.Love the midfield with the 3 premiums. I reckon put petrie as ur second ruck instead of cox and use the cash to get a premium forward maybe by downgrading somewhere else. WHERE IS ANDY OTTEN? He a must will play every game for the crows and make u easy money. Other than that a good team 8.5/10

elephants

Backs - Love the backline almost identical to mine :) except i agree with marto duffield over broughton :) Not sold on Iles though

Mids - very nice and strong midfield, i like the good uniqueness of montagna this year :) Selwood will be very good or very bad i think he could be good but it will be an interesting point :) Also i dont knwo a whole lot about Sam Blease???

Rucks - Sandi and Cox will be very expensive but possibly reaaly worth it in the end :)

Forwards - again very strong my only critisizm is morton as i dont think he can repeat his heroics of late last year :)

all in all a solid team :)

9/10

hally25547

Quote from: marto9532 on January 07, 2011, 04:04:31 PM
I’d go with Duffield over broughton as Duffield is freo’s go to man out of their bacline.Love the midfield with the 3 premiums. I reckon put petrie as ur second ruck instead of cox and use the cash to get a premium forward maybe by downgrading somewhere else. WHERE IS ANDY OTTEN? He a must will play every game for the crows and make u easy money. Other than that a good team 8.5/10

cheers marto

i just swapped broughton for otten and downgraded sandi to fraser which allowed me to upgrade gaff to boyd.

marto9532

is there a way you could downgrade cox to fraser instead of sandi?

Nails

Quote from: marto9532 on January 07, 2011, 04:18:32 PM
is there a way you could downgrade cox to fraser instead of sandi?

Don't do it imo.
Cox = Sandi of 2010
Cox = Nearly the Cox of 09 I hope.

marto9532

idk im gonna wait and see with cox. not sold on wether he can recature the fitness/ form of old dean cox. especially in a struggling west coast team