Rate my SC please, It needs help!

Started by PowerMan, December 31, 2010, 09:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerMan

Need help with this I think, struggled big time last with SC so any advice would be appreciated.

B: Goddard~Gibbs~J Kelly~Carrazzo~Tarrant~T Hunt~Otten~(Jacobs~Talia~Stanley)

C: Swan~J Selwood~Barlow~T Boak~Gaff~Polec~(H Jolly~A Krakouer~S Blease)

R: Sandliands~Trengove~(Z Smith~M Daw)

F: Franklin~Didak~J Riewoldt~LeCras~R Henderson~Petrie~I Smith~(Mzungu~Retzlaff~Tapscott)

$12,900 left in the bank.

oodmutler

Firstly i would replace Tarrant with a rookie such as Heppel or B.Jacobs.

Trengove, i would replace him with Petrie. Then replace Petrie in the forward line with a C.Knights or Petterd. I also think Knights is better value than Henderson.

Boomz

Def: Taylor Hunt? Replace him with a rookie as well as Tarrant like oodmutler said... Maybe swap Stanley for Toy as I think he'll be a lot better. Not a big fan of Carrazzo as he was used as a tagger last year so watch to see if his role changes if not get rid of him.

Mid: Don't start with Barlow unless he kills it pre-season (dunno if he'll even play tho) but at this stage stay away after such a big injury. Better rookies than Jolly imo. No MPP with backs or Forward? Swap Jolly for Mzungu & Polec for Heppell imo.

Rucks: Not much value in trengove and I agree with oodmutler again do what he said.

Forwards: Don't like Lecras and Henderson if LeCras plays mid then he could be good... If u go with what I said and put Mzungu in the middle pick Darling on the forward bench for him.

Hope that helps ;)

PowerMan

Quote from: BOOMZ on December 31, 2010, 10:34:04 PM
Def: Taylor Hunt? Replace him with a rookie as well as Tarrant like oodmutler said... Maybe swap Stanley for Toy as I think he'll be a lot better. Not a big fan of Carrazzo as he was used as a tagger last year so watch to see if his role changes if not get rid of him.

Mid: Don't start with Barlow unless he kills it pre-season (dunno if he'll even play tho) but at this stage stay away after such a big injury. Better rookies than Jolly imo. No MPP with backs or Forward? Swap Jolly for Mzungu & Polec for Heppell imo.

Rucks: Not much value in trengove and I agree with oodmutler again do what he said.

Forwards: Don't like Lecras and Henderson if LeCras plays mid then he could be good... If u go with what I said and put Mzungu in the middle pick Darling on the forward bench for him.

Hope that helps ;)

thanks guys!

Luigi197

U gonna update your team any time PM?

at this stage...
reconsider Carazzo, Tarrant, T Hunt for mayb Gilbee, Drummond and Heppel... Talia for C Richo... Barlow and Boak for Judd and Foley if possible... Try McNiel or Callinan instead of H Jolly and Blease... Trengove for Petrie, Petrie for Knights...

Those alterations IMO seem reasonable for the Salary Cap, if not, u get the idea ;)

Luigi :)

Junktimer

Quote from: PowerMan on December 31, 2010, 09:36:50 PM
Need help with this I think, struggled big time last with SC so any advice would be appreciated.

B: Goddard~Gibbs~J Kelly~Carrazzo~Tarrant~T Hunt~Otten~(Jacobs~Talia~Stanley)

C: Swan~J Selwood~Barlow~T Boak~Gaff~Polec~(H Jolly~A Krakouer~S Blease)

R: Sandliands~Trengove~(Z Smith~M Daw)

F: Franklin~Didak~J Riewoldt~LeCras~R Henderson~Petrie~I Smith~(Mzungu~Retzlaff~Tapscott)

$12,900 left in the bank.

i think this team needs a bit of work.

I think all of Carrazzo, T.Hunt and Tarrant need to be changed.  I would probably change them to one rookie, Adcock, and a premium. 

I realise you felt like a tit for getting rid of Barlow last year, but that doesn't mean you should have him this year.  His leg injury I am not sure about yet.  I would go for a different premium.  Selwood is very expensive.

Jackson Trengove is a no.  Second year, Petrie is better in the rucks than forward.

Don't like Jack Riewoldt, relies too much on hauls to score too much, inconsistent.  Lecras is pretty much the same.  Ricky Henderson in his 2nd year is a big no.

Overall, an OK start, 6/10.

PowerMan

Thanks for the advice people.
Have Made some big improvements, what do you's think now. i have $4,900 left in the bank!

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Corey Enright, Lindsay Gilbee, Andrew Raines, Andy Otten, Ben Jacobs
Cameron Richardson, Daniel Talia, Josh Toy

Dane Swan, Chris Judd, Nick Dal Santo, Ryan O'Keefe, David Swallow, Andrew Gaff
Dyson Heppell, Sam Blease, Andrew Krakouer

Aaron Sandilands, Drew Petrie
Tom McDonald, Zac Smith

Alan Didak, Brent Harvey, Matthew Pavlich, Cyril Rioli, Ricky Petterd, Chris Knights, Isaac Smith
Jack Darling, Tendai Mzungu, Majak Daw

mophead222

backs are good, except for raines, could go him to heppell :)

mids are very strong, if you move heppell to backs, put josh green on bench

standard rucks except no need for mcdonald as you have petrie, go max bailey.

fowards are ok, go harvey to nick riewoldt and their good :)

7.9/10

Boomz

Quote from: PowerMan on January 10, 2011, 08:41:41 PM
Thanks for the advice people.
Have Made some big improvements, what do you's think now. i have $4,900 left in the bank!

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Corey Enright, Lindsay Gilbee, Andrew Raines, Andy Otten, Ben Jacobs

Tom McDonald, Zac Smith

Alan Didak, Brent Harvey, Matthew Pavlich, Cyril Rioli, Ricky Petterd, Chris Knights, Isaac Smith

I like the Backs and Forwards other than Raines.... I don't think O'Keefe is a good option especially as a mid pick him as a forward I realise he's there for MPP but get an MPP rookie instead imo not sure about Dal Santo either and think A. Swallow or Boyd would be much better options. Rucks are fine. 8/10 :)

TOM15

Quote from: mophead222 on January 10, 2011, 09:05:22 PM
backs are good, except for raines, could go him to heppell :)

mids are very strong, if you move heppell to backs, put josh green on bench

standard rucks except no need for mcdonald as you have petrie, go max bailey.

fowards are ok, go harvey to nick riewoldt and their good :)

7.9/10

summed up nicely mophead

Gooner

Tom McDonald, Zac Smith

Got the Judd-Gibbs double - both great players, but it'll stuff you come finals time.

Raines - no, no guarantee of decent scores or games, waste of money

ROK - he's a bit divisive, some people love him, others look at the age, the inconsistency and the new coach and don't go near him.  I'm in the later category. 

Boomer - how long until his body lets him down?  He could reward you, but he's becoming more and more of a risk every year

Not a bad team, but there are a few risks in it.  8/10

PowerMan

Quote from: Gooner on January 11, 2011, 04:00:10 PM

Tom McDonald, Zac Smith

Got the Judd-Gibbs double - both great players, but it'll stuff you come finals time.

ROK - he's a bit divisive, some people love him, others look at the age, the inconsistency and the new coach and don't go near him.  I'm in the later category. 

Boomer - how long until his body lets him down?  He could reward you, but he's becoming more and more of a risk every year

thanks everyone for the Advice, when picking Judd didn't realise had Gibbs as well, I think both Judd (SC gun) & Gibbs are both must haves this season. As long I have rookies that are playing I should be fine for coverage, also MPP could work in my favour. Risk I'm willing to take.

dylsta05

Quote from: Gooner on January 11, 2011, 04:00:10 PM

Tom McDonald, Zac Smith

dont think enright shuld be there

to many prems in mid and i dont see ROK improve maybe go ROK to vince or cotchen

not to bad tho 8.1/10

bomberboy0618

downgrade rok to conca and raines to someone.

RiOtChEsS

nice thread mate get to see the evolution of ur team PM