Ruck Battle

Started by elephants, December 31, 2010, 04:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

after reading the dt talk "Deck Of DT" on Dean Cox i ahve thought of some alternate ruck combos

Sandi + Petrie (No Mpp value in forward line)

Sandi + Fraser (maybe r/f) as well as mcdonald/daw on ruck bench and petrie in rucks

Cox + Petrie (No Mpp Value in forward line)

Cox + Fraser (Petrie in forwards and daw in rucks bench)

i really like coxxy and i am thinking he is very underpriced, also i will ahve extra cover for example if a ruckmen is having a bye like coxy i can bench coxy and bring in petrie from the forward line, the same goes for fraser or petrie having a bye. also i think fraser will be the number one ruck a GC and he should (hopefully) dominate :)

thoughts? thanks LE

Total Tiger

Yeah i agree with you LE Fraser should be the number one ruck at GC which makes him a pretty good option especially if he is (r/f) which is unlikely but possible. I also reckon Coxy is a gun who you can rely on and i also agree that he is underpriced. I might start with Fraser and Cox and upgrade Fraser to Sandi.

elephants

yep and then (like warnie) have a link with petrie to your ruck bench :)

an upgrade of fraser to sandi looks very tasty with sandi surely to fall from his huge price tag :)

McRooster

Anyone thinking of starting with Zac Smith?

pyronerd

Quote from: McRooster on January 01, 2011, 01:31:39 PM
maybe as a 3rd or 4th but definitely not as a 1st/2nd ruck

nas

No not me but will be on the bench ATM

elephants

i know there was some early talk of starting him, i think this slowed down when GC signed fraser. i know of a lot of people that started warnock last year on the field, i'm not sure anyone is brave enough :)

McRooster

Quote from: elephants on January 01, 2011, 08:24:24 PM

i know there was some early talk of starting him, i think this slowed down when GC signed fraser. i know of a lot of people that started warnock last year on the field, i'm not sure anyone is brave enough :)
Yeah, but you did think about it hey LE?  ;)
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,21876.msg242225.html#msg242225

elephants

hahaha yess i did consider :)

Junktimer

for me, there is only one combo.

sandi and petrie.

though Coxy wouldn't be too bad, not a fan of Josie Fraser.

valkorum

Quote from: Junktimer on January 02, 2011, 10:01:04 PM

sandi and petrie.

I think that will be a common ruck combo (Sandi/Petrie).  Then look to either upgrade to next best performing Ruck or if Petrie carves up then keep him.

Junktimer

Quote from: valkorum on January 02, 2011, 10:02:23 PM
Quote from: Junktimer on January 02, 2011, 10:01:04 PM

sandi and petrie.

+1 precisely.  I'm hoping big Drew can punch out a 90+ average, making no need for an upgrade, call me a wishful thinker, but it could happen.

I think that will be a common ruck combo (Sandi/Petrie).  Then look to either upgrade to next best performing Ruck or if Petrie carves up then keep him.

valkorum

Would be good if he punches out a 90 average

McRooster

Who will be on your ruck bench JT or rather, who will be your fwd that moves to ruck to take benefit of Petries MPP should the need arise ?

Junktimer

Roost I will not be using F/R MPP.  My two ruck emergencies at this stage are Smith (lock!), and one of Jenkins, Derickx, Bailey or Charman (if fit).

At this stage it is Jenkins.