Playing League for Cash Prize - Advice appreciated

Started by oodmutler, December 31, 2010, 12:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oodmutler

This upcoming season for the first time i will be playing for a cash money prize via a private league, therefore league result will be priority number one.

Please place your critique SC eye over my team. All comments be it advice, criticism, praise etc will be greatly appreciated.

I will be happy to return the favour with your own team.

This is what i have settled with at this present time.

BACK: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Adcock, Otten, B.Jacobs (C.Richardson, Iles, Duigan)

MID: Swan, Hodge, Montagna, D.Swallow, Heppell, Gaff (J.Green, Krakouer, Mzungu)

RUCK: Sandilands, Petrie (M.Bailey, Z.Smith)

FWD: Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Sylvia, Knights, I.Smith (Darling, B.Matera, Tapscott)

Salary Cap remaining: $11.3K

Cheers!

Luigi197

Very Very good team!! 9.5 :D

If you've also put byes into consideration then thats an awesome team!
Not sure about Vesprezmi though.... and i'm not sure bout Petrie, guess thats up 2 u

Luigi :)

oodmutler

Thanks for the feedback Luigi.

I have made an attempt to take the byes into consideration, hopefully it will work out well.

Going with my gut on Veszpremi, i believe he has shown a bit in the few games he has played. I had the same thoughts with A.Swallow leading into the 2009 season, but didn't take the risk which really hurt! Veszpremi at bargain basement price of $191K i have to go with the gut this time round.

Cheers.

Junktimer

hey oodmutler,

good back line, just don't think grimes is a great option this year, bit injury prone and inconsistent, and I think there are better valued options at this price, I think Drummond is a better option.

selwood and hodge are very expensive options IMO.  Selwood will sink or swim this year without Ablett, can you take that risk?  Hodge without MPP IMO is not a very good option.

standard rucks.

oo veszpremi.  could work, just very risky IMO.  Veszpremi suffered a serious injury at the Swans and was never really able to crack back into the team.  I'm not sure he will get consistent games this year.  I reckon Prestia could be a better option.

Overall, a good team, 8.5/10.

Can you rate mine?

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23368.0.html

oodmutler

Thanks for the feedback Junktimer.

I really rate both Grimes and Drummond, though thought it would be high risk going in with both. So moved a few around and replaced Drummond with Deledio.

I agree with you regarding J.Selwood, i'm going with his average won't differ too much. Hodgey...i barrack for Hawthorn and he's my fav player...had to fit him in. Hoping he plays the quarterback role this year now that Bruce is at Glenferrie and can play mid.

I'll check out your squad now. Cheers!

mophead222

hey man,

good backs, although you may wanna update it now that mzungu isnt a back. i do like that you went with grimsey and i think he will do similarly to broughton (100+ average). dont know much about duigan, maybe have a look at cam richardson, he's tipped to get games straight off the bat :)

solid mids, calinan is easily replaced with mzungu who is C/F. :) . ive also told a lot of people that im not sure on selwood now that gazza is gome, he will most likely get a lot of attenttion from opposition taggers and could suffer a little. also going on what JT said, i think hodge is a little overpriced now that hes not MPP.

standard rucks.

i guess your fowards are pretty good, i wouldnt miss the opp of getting dion prestia, he will do very  well at goldy, imo you should downgrade vezpremi to prestia and free up some money for changes durnig TAC cup.

overall 8.99999999

oodmutler

Thanks for the tips Mop.

I'm in the Fan Planner at the moment looking at making some adjustments.

I will update the Mzungu change. Pretty sure Duigan is 26yo backmen, after having a look at Carlton's best back 6....he may well get a gig.

It seems a lot of people are suspect on J.Selwood now that GA is with GC. Was thinking Bartel could be a cheaper alternative, what you think?

Thanks for the tip with Prestia....i may have to fit him in. Though don't like havning 2/3 GC Fwd Bench.

oodmutler

Updated minor changes.

Back: Mzungu replaced with C.Richardson

Mids: J.Selwood and Atley replaced with J.Bartel and Gaff, also replaced Callinan with Mzungu.

Cheers!

nas

Like Bartel as could be the difference & does handle a tag (IMO)

Hodge well as no MPP I think as in a lot of teams will miss out so maybe a Boyd?

Iles for Toy would be one that I would be looking at.

As per every one else NAB will be a guide.

Junktimer

im not sold on bartel either, i think boyd or a.swallow is better.

HillHero13

1 thing! Put Heppel in defence! and you might be able to get someone better..

oodmutler

oodmutler

Barlow 21

MTTY

1. Great backs, hopefully Grimes holds up and doesn't get injured.

2.Another great line although Montagna is in that akward price of not being one of the big 5 (Swan, Ablett, Goddard, Sandi, Chapman) and not being a big improver of his price.

3.Great rucks can't go wrong with them.

4.Great forwards.

9.5/10 very good team