Pre Season SnapShot - Essendon

Started by HTM, December 30, 2010, 11:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HTM

ESSENDON

Medical room: After a few injury hurdles, the Bombers looked good heading into Christmas. David Zaharakis (knee) and Tom Bellchambers (knee) were in full training for the first time in the club's last week, David Hille (knee), Scott Gumbleton (knee) and David Myers - who started pre-season in a moon boot - were close to rejoining the main group and Tayte Pears (foot) and Taite Silverlock (foot) were progressing well.

Who's burning: Former Hawk Mark Williams had a first season to forget at Essendon with injuries and form issues hampering his progress and keeping him to just four senior games. He's finally over the ankle injury that plagued him in 2010, has completed every session and has dropped eight kilos.

Draftee watch: South Australian draftee Luke Davis quickly found his feet after moving in with Angus Monfries and has fitted in with the group so well, he's already adopted a nickname.

Added: I also hear Brent Stanton having a ripper preseason

Junktimer

MajorLazer

For me it's Ryder, Heppell and Hibberd.

nas

Barlow 21

Heppell and Ryder ATM but possibly Watson as a unique.

MTTY

players im looking at
Heppell
Ryder
Jenkins
Hibberd

Boomz

Mine I'm looking at are:
Heppell
Ryder
Jenkins
Hibberd
Hurley
Steinberg

D.Barwick

dylsta05

heppell is most likley in my side, ryder 50/50

bomberboy0618

heppell and hibberd for me, maybe steinburg

McRooster

Heppell and.....Hardingham for me  ;)

bomberboy0618

Maca24

McRooster

I'm actually semi serious on Hardingham, if he's been focussed on his goal kicking drills over the off season I can see him being quite a unique forward option.
The small impact he may have possession wise may have game changing affects on the result from goal kicking alone.