Pre Season SnapShot - Essendon

Started by HTM, December 30, 2010, 11:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

you might be right roost. i certainly dont see him as a bad pick.
might thrive under hird 2.
if he was an accurate kick he would be a gun, as he can take a grab.

hawk_88

The unpredictability of Essendon continues.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-bombers-may-play-40-in-nab-clash-coach-james-hird-says/story-e6frf9io-1225989013794

Seems like they will try and play every fit person on their list in the first round. How are we going to know who they play (and therefore he we pick for fantasy) if they don't even know?

ossie85

More for player safety isn't it?

And ignore round 1 of NAB cup. I'd focus on rounds 2-4 of the NAB Cup and NAB Challenge

hawk_88

Doubtful it is for player safety. If you were a player trying to impress a new coach and you knew you only had to play half a game you would run and play a LOT harder.

Obviously you look at future matches but if I was to ask people who would be the 25 most likely to play this year (I don't mean who you would pick but who would actually play) most people would struggle for accuracy after about 12-15 players. There are a lot of unknowns.

j959

Quote from: hawk_88 on January 17, 2011, 04:33:59 PM
Doubtful it is for player safety. If you were a player trying to impress a new coach and you knew you only had to play half a game you would run and play a LOT harder.

Obviously you look at future matches but if I was to ask people who would be the 25 most likely to play this year (I don't mean who you would pick but who would actually play) most people would struggle for accuracy after about 12-15 players. There are a lot of unknowns.
yeah, NAB cup changes really killing form lines for this coming season - may have to rely heavily on m0nty's depth charts even more this season??

hawk_88

The other thing that is going to kill us is the sub rule. 4 players out of every match aren't going to get full game time which is going to see some player's averages drop.

One of the things it will do is probably raise everyone else's scores a bit (in SC that is, not DT). You effectively have 21 players per team instead of 22 which means the 3300 points per game will effectively be split 42 ways instead of 44. It is only like a 4% increase but it could be significant.

c4v3m4n

A 4% increase isn't going to do much for Tom Bellchambers. Ha.

BoredSaint

Quote from: c4v3m4n on January 17, 2011, 06:45:54 PM
LOL an increase of 0.04 of a point :P

hawk_88

No but anyone who picks Tom Bellchambers doesn't deserve more points.

j959

Quote from: hawk_88 on January 17, 2011, 07:25:35 PM

No but anyone who picks Tom Bellchambers doesn't deserve more points.
ooh, hawk - getting close mate!  :D

Justin Bieber

Quote from: McRooster on January 07, 2011, 11:24:45 AM
I'm actually semi serious on Hardingham, if he's been focussed on his goal kicking drills over the off season I can see him being quite a unique forward option.
The small impact he may have possession wise may have game changing affects on the result from goal kicking alone.
I was looking at him earlier on as he is fairly cheap. Can take the mark and if they are contested, that's great. His kicking efficency in front of goal is the only thing stopping me from choosing him :-\.

Boomz

His kicking for goal before has been fine so I get the feeling it was mainly nerves... He could also go down back where he seems to be more suited imo... He had hardly played forward before his debut.

Justin Bieber

Yeah, knew he wasn't made for Forward Pocket but looks dangerous there. We need decent forwards to get us the goals.

Boomz

Agreed... He could be good either end :D

Justin Bieber