Pre Season SnapShot - Brisbane

Started by HTM, December 30, 2010, 10:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HTM

BRISBANE

Medical room: The Lions have had 35 players in full training in the lead-up to Christmas. Those still in recovery mode include Joel Patfull (hand), Matt Austin (leg), Brendan Fevola (groin),   and impressive draftee Rohan Bewick (shin), but they should all resume with the main group shortly after the Christmas break. Jonathan Brown (groin) and Jamie Charman (ankle) will also be eased back into training but young midfielder Callum Bartlett (knee) isn’t expected back until midway through the season.

Who's burning
: Irish rookie Niall McKeever has been among the standouts at training while young midfielders Tom Rockliff and Jack Redden look as though they might continue on from impressive seasons. Several players are running great times in the club's 3km time trials, with Burton's new training methods paying dividends. Andrew Raines has been a noticeable star on the track and has shown no signs of the injuries that plagued him last season. Sam Sheldon, another who has been in and out of the doctor's room in recent times, has had an uninterrupted summer for the first time in his four-year career.

Draftee watch: Josh Green. Taken at pick 32 in the NAB AFL Draft, the Tasmanian plays in the midfield, is courageous and he goes and gets his own ball. But perhaps the attribute that has most endeared Green to the Brownlow Medallist is his distinctive red hair - a trait he also shares with his senior coach.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/106449/default.aspx

MajorLazer

Hope Bewick is ok for NAB Cup, becuase I am looking at him.

Junktimer

lions on my radar:
polec
green
brown
drummo
adcock

McRooster

Junktimer

nas

Think that a lot of people would be looking Clarke to see if he is over his injuries also. >>MPP status

Barlow 21

Quote from: naste on January 03, 2011, 09:08:37 AM
Think that a lot of people would be looking Clarke to see if he is over his injuries also. >>MPP status
Will watch closely in NAB cup along with Josh Green.

MTTY

Players i'm looking at
Brown
Drummond
Green
Polec
Harvey
Charman

Maca24

If rockliff is MPP im locking him in.
Others im liking: Drummo, Adcock, Polec, Green, Beams.

bomberboy0618

BoredSaint

bomberboy0618

yeah ok, so is this green fella any good?

Fletch74

Drummond is almost a lock for me. I might een find room for Fev if he gets out of rehab before the season starts :P

BoredSaint

Quote from: Fletch74 on January 07, 2011, 03:35:50 PM
Drummond is almost a lock for me. I might een find room for Fev if he gets out of rehab before the season starts :P
more like if he is actually allowed to play again..

Barlow 21

Drummond and Adcock are the only Lions I am really considering.