Rhys Palmer

Started by elephants, December 30, 2010, 03:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

now i know everyone in the dream teaming world will forever hate rhys palmer for what he did to micky barlow BUT i think he is a very very promising talent :) what are his odds for peoples teams next year? i think he is worth a spot even though he has such an awkward price tag :)

MiGZ

im liking him alot for 2011. hes in my team at the moment, going into his fourth year and has been smashing the time trials so far.

Junktimer

probably not for me, dont think ill have any mid pricers in my mids.

he killed barlow too.

j959

Quote from: MiGZ on December 30, 2010, 03:11:54 PM
im liking him alot for 2011. hes in my team at the moment, going into his fourth year and has been smashing the time trials so far.
yeah, have heard reports and it's usually Palmer and Mzungu tearing it up in training.

with Morabito out, there's less competition for midfield spots even though he's more of an inside midfielder with Morabito being an outside mid.

also you don't have to worry about his munted kicking as much in DT but the price range is as you said awkward - eg i'd rather have Trent Cotchin around that price or take a punt on Brock McLean staying healthy at a bargain rookie-ish price.

elephants

yes jt he did :'(

yeah migz he has but i am not sure where i will fit him.....

my current midfield is

Swan, Didak, Anthony, D Swallow, Gaff, Heppel

i think swannie is a gun, didak is a gun with mpp and a personal fav, swallow will... well do a swallow, anthony is underpriced gem, gaff and heppel will be solid imo ?? ??

elephants

yeah, have heard reports and it's usually Palmer and Mzungu tearing it up in training.

with Morabito out, there's less competition for midfield spots even though he's more of an inside midfielder with Morabito being an outside mid.

also you don't have to worry about his munted kicking as much in DT but the price range is as you said awkward - eg i'd rather have Trent Cotchin around that price or take a punt on Brock McLean staying healthy at a bargain rookie-ish price.
[/quote]

i was also looking at brock to be honest :) a lot of competition in that midfield though.... i would take palmer over cotchin, cotchin could be copping heavier tags than palmer perhaps... although freo havent got many elite mids ??

McRooster

You could send Makybe Diva out for Fremantle and she'd win all the time trials and run all day but she'd still kick like a horse.
Rhys Palmer kicks like Happy Gilmore plays Hockey  :P - but he sure can get the ball.
Not for me. Even if he is leading time trials etc., we can be reminded that Brad Dalziell set a club record for the beep test at West Coast last year and look how his year went.
If this was posted in SC it would have been laughed out....Rhys Palmer  ::)  Sheeeeez!

MiGZ

his kicking really isnt that bad, its like everyone is still going on and on about swan having crap disposal but he still has a 77% efficiency rate. palmer averaged 87 in his first year may you all be reminded, plus i think mundy and barlow will cop the tags, similar to pendlebury and didak at collingwood because they all think palmer can't damage with his disposal. im expecting somewhere between 90-95 average out of him.

valkorum

I think it all comes down to whether Palmer wants to gut run like he did in his first season.  When he is gut running that is when he is at his best (possession wise).  All reports I am reading say that he is really putting in the effort at training and is always in the top few for the time trials and sprint runs (which he should be)

elephants

well lets hope he gut runs then ahah i am not sure i can fit him :(

valkorum

Quote from: elephants on December 30, 2010, 04:20:29 PM

I can fit him in to my best 22 for Freo but I cant make room for him in my DT

Junktimer

Quote from: valkorum on December 30, 2010, 04:22:46 PM
Quote from: elephants on December 30, 2010, 04:20:29 PM

I can fit him in to my best 22 for Freo but I cant make room for him in my DT

+1 there are much better options

elephants

i dont like getting midpricers in my team thats all if he was cheaper lock him in :)

masten and palmer burnt me last year :( :)

j959

Quote from: elephants on December 30, 2010, 04:27:08 PM
i dont like getting midpricers in my team thats all if he was cheaper lock him in :)

ooh ... isn't 20/20 hindsight wonderful??  ;)

Junktimer

Quote from: elephants on December 30, 2010, 04:27:08 PM

you got masten, ouch

I got danger, tippett, medhurst and cotchin, so there's my burn