Main Menu

Sam Day

Started by dale93, December 30, 2010, 11:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dale93

I have been noticing that hardly anyone has sam day from GC...he is at 170 and is MPP?its just a question...why is it?

McRooster

Sam Days problem may just be that punters can only afford so many players from one side in their teams and with Zac Smith, Swallow, Bennell, Harris, Ablett etc already featuring in alot of teams we might not see the light of Day fantasy wise  ;)

Junktimer

Sam Day will be listed only as a forward IMO, he hardly ever played ruck.  and Prestia is a much better option than him anyway.  Day, after all is a KPP, which as a general rule should not be picked in their first year.

RiOtChEsS

only listed as a ruck in the fanplanner... sure there would be more interest if the mpp happens

elephants

prestia better option if forward only

zac smith much cheaper if ruck

no way in for him in my team :)

bomberboy0618

i was going to have him, but i changed my mind

Jez Do It

not this year, but give him a few years and he'll smash it in DT I reckon.

McRooster

Quote from: Jez Do It on January 05, 2011, 11:20:18 PM
not this year, but give him a few years and he'll smash it in DT I reckon.
You'd have seen him play Jez, you reckon it's just hard muscle he needs to compete with the bigger bodies in AFL and build a tank? I mean the boys got talent obviously, but is it a case of size does matter??

dylsta05

Jez Do It

Quotebut is it a case of size does matter??

Yeah, the bigger boys just need time to bulk up a bit.  However, he's agile enough and may "ripen" earlier than a lot of the other bigger fellas.

maanco

acorrding to this his body is mature enough (weight wise) for him to be able to smash it. at 196cm and 96kg. http://www.fanfooty.com.au/players/profile.php?firstname=Sam&surname=Day

Chopps

where will he fit at 170 k is he a forward?

maanco

if MPP could take Petries postion

McRooster

Quote from: maanco on January 06, 2011, 12:01:59 PM
acorrding to this his body is mature enough (weight wise) for him to be able to smash it. at 196cm and 96kg. http://www.fanfooty.com.au/players/profile.php?firstname=Sam&surname=Day
He's got the size and weight agreed, but like I said above he needs hard muscle, something that he needs to put in at and develop before taking on the big boys.
eg. Even Zac Dawson gets the big jobs on the big forwards because as alot of forwards will tell you he has strength beyond his size, from hard muscle and hard work.

bomberboy0618

i think its coz hes a kpp, i had him in  one of my earlier sc drafts.