Main Menu

Best Players of All time

Started by Junktimer, December 29, 2010, 10:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junktimer

I thought of an idea today.

Over the next few weeks, I'm thinking of opening up threads on each club board with a poll, asking the simple question: Who is the best player to ever play for that club?

At the end, on the AFL board, we will vote who is the best player from those 16 players.

I would be interested to hear what you guys think about it.

For example, should there be nominations here in this thread, or should I just make them using my discretion and somebody can vote for them if I leave them out?

I just think it would be a fun and interesting thing to do.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers, JT

Decided so far:
Mark Ricciuto, Matthew Pavlich, Leigh Matthews

Hawka

really great idea but
i reckon ppl should b nominated by the there teams supporter eg. for the hawks
i nominate hodge
ml nominates ellis
hawks88 nomanits renouf
another1 nominates buddy

but of course not those players :P

Justin Bieber

Probably put one in each team board and let the nominations be on their team board. On here will mean it'll get a little hectic with so many names flying from different teams.

Could keep this thread as the main one and leave the links for each team on the first post.

But a good idea JT. Guess you are finding something to keep yourself occupied ;).

Alex7089

It would be good but if you are running the poll in every club and taking nominations it would be hard to manage, but fun.

Junktimer

ok, my one issue is that is the potential lack of enough opinions. (not too many Tiges supporters on here) but I see where your coming from, they may know it better than outsiders.

Junktimer

ok so HP do you think have one thread on the club board for nominations, the other for the actual deciding votes or?

Hawka

also ppl who say played in the 1920s or 1950s will be less aprecitaed maybe due to most not being that old mayb u do it from wen the vfl turend into afl but its ur choice

Junktimer

good point Hawka, but I think that even though say I didn't see Leigh Matthews in his prime I still think that people can appreciate them.  On each thread I make I'm happy to write an honour role and something about each player as well.

Hawka

yep same maybe do it from 1980-2010

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Junktimer on December 29, 2010, 10:38:56 PM
ok so HP do you think have one thread on the club board for nominations, the other for the actual deciding votes or?
Probably. This makes the whole thing a whole lot neater. As all the nominations for all clubs in 1 thread will just be plain crazy.

Junktimer

sorry didnt word it well HP.  i mean to say how do we decide who is in the poll for each club?

Hawka

well ppl nominate i guess mayb u have to support the club

nas

B & F winner, Brownlow votes, AFLPA awards, my thoughts of a few. Don't know bit of a curly one.

Hawka

naste that excludes great players that didnt win al 3 of those

nas

Just a thought that's all, as the question thrown out.