High: 121 (Round 11)
Low: 40 (Round 16)
Standard Deviation: 20.59
Centuries: 5 out of 21
Starting Price: $151,100
High Price: $415,000 (round 5)
Low Price: $151,100 (round 11)

Summary:

Beau Waters provided tremendous value for fantasy coaches in 2010. Starting at bargain basement price, Waters averaged 80 and played 21 matches to prove the perfect #7 backmen.

Often plagued by injuries through out his career (missing the entire 2005 and 2009 seasons), but he looks to have shaken that off, and at 24 is a valuable member of the Eagles side.

The Crystal Ball:

Based on last year's magic number
Price: $436,200

Based on m0nty's fanplanner
Price: $415,400

Position: DEF

Another consistent year is what I'd guess for Waters, as he becomes a senior player in a struggling line-up, he could lead from defense.

Decision:

At $400k he doesn't provide much value, and is unlikely to dramatically increase his scores. He is one of my favourites though, so he at least gets an unlikely tag.

Junktimer

wish I got him this year.

but hes too expensive IMO, bit inconsistent, bit injury prone, unlikely.

MajorLazer

Looking to get Hurn and Drummond at around that price. Won't be able to fit him in.

Barlow 21

Good player but am getting Hurn instead.

Hawka

Touch and go for me i like this guy and can score quite high

Boomz

ronl

I think Waters has got a lot to offer, but not at that price.  As for Hurn, I just wonder if opposition teams haven't worked out a way to nullify him a bit? After last year I just wouldn't feel confident having him in my side.

Boomz

Quote from: ronl on December 28, 2010, 07:04:50 PM
I think Waters has got a lot to offer, but not at that price.  As for Hurn, I just wonder if opposition teams haven't worked out a way to nullify him a bit? After last year I just wouldn't feel confident having him in my side.

It was more just that he couldn't get his body right but I'm not convinced that he is right yet now either & just the fact that he plays in such a shower side doesn't help... Still when fit and firing he only needs 12-15 touches to ton it up.

pyronerd

unlikely for me, had him for some of last year and he gave some great scores, but he burnt me a couple of times when i needed big scores from him

Maca24

love the bloke but unlikely. would like to sneak him in though  ;)

MTTY

Could be good for another year if he finds a bit more consistency.

Knowall

One of my favourite players and served me well last year, but no for me, better options in the backline this year

hawk_88

He was great for me last year. Not this year though, not enough value.

dylsta05

love him as a player, not as a fantasy player tho. Had him last year and thats the only year

MTTY

Quote from: hawk_88 on January 20, 2011, 02:27:42 AM
He was great for me last year. Not this year though, not enough value.
yeah unless he becomes super consistent and keeps cracking the ton