Captain possibilities for round 1?

Started by erich1036, December 26, 2010, 05:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DamenS

Quote from: naste on January 18, 2011, 09:29:31 AM
Quote from: DamenS on January 18, 2011, 04:03:39 AM
I'm dying to see how many people have the big "C" next to G. Ablett's name come round 1 - hell, he's SUCH a good player, I'm even considering doing it ... :)

I would not as they / him have a bye first up.

LOL - DUDE !!  Get your sarcasm/joke meter fixed !!  Obvious joke is obvious.

DamenS

Quote from: Prospector_1 on January 21, 2011, 12:04:00 AM
Quote from: DamenS on January 20, 2011, 02:45:08 PM
I have Xavier Clarke locked in as my Captain for Round 1 - I am pretty certain no one else will be doing this, which should make my team unique ...  ;D

X has done the cruciate ligament - I think that's spoiled that option!

Actually I think the fact GC have the Bye first round spoiled that option BEFORE X Clarke did his knee - hence this was a DOUBLE joke ... hmmn, maybe I should not joke on this forum ... although maybe you are being ironic ?

Prospector_1

Justin Bieber

Haha Pros ;D.

I hope we don't get that partial bye system again this season ::). Get what you meant though Damen ;).

j959

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 21, 2011, 01:29:49 AM
Haha Pros ;D.

I hope we don't get that partial bye system again this season ::). Get what you meant though Damen ;).
prob just trolling you Damen ... don't worry about it, we got your humour (I think).

Pros, good to see you back - hadn't seen you for a while, missed ya.   ;)

DamenS

Quote from: j959 on January 21, 2011, 04:20:58 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on January 21, 2011, 01:29:49 AM
Haha Pros ;D.

prob just trolling you Damen ... don't worry about it, we got your humour (I think).

Pros, good to see you back - hadn't seen you for a while, missed ya.   ;)

Damn these people - trolling the troll ... I'm taking my bat and ball and going back to the bridge to sulk ...   :'(

Maca24

Think Goddard or Swan are the safe bets for round 1 captain. :)
D.Swallow?  :P

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Maca24 on January 21, 2011, 09:29:53 PM
Think Goddard or Swan are the safe bets for round 1 captain. :)
D.Swallow?  :P
i reckon swan for rnd 1!

nas

nas

the only time the C or VC being removed of Swan & Goddard is the Byes or argh injury.      (12)

DamenS

Quote from: naste on January 23, 2011, 05:48:56 PM
the only time the C or VC being removed of Swan & Goddard is the Byes or argh injury.      (12)

Maybe at the very start of the competition, but if N. Riewoldt is not injured or playing naked, he can be VERY consistently good ... also, we need to wait and see what happens to his scores, but I believe one G Ablett has been a pretty good captain in the past and there's no reason why that need not be the case again this year.

Maca24

I think swan or goddard for first few rounds, then obviously it will change as some players will get hot streaks (ROK in 09?)
Then they should get the C.

BoredSaint

MTTY

Keep an eye on Nab, probably at this point though the usuals, bar Ablett