Nathan Foley

Started by Joshy11, December 24, 2010, 08:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshy11

Thoughts on this guy??
Hasnt been a massive dt scorer in the past but cant go past him at this price...almost. Make some cash with him for 7-10 rounds then upgrade to a gun or look elsewhere??

popedelio

he is a definite cash cow if he is fit, though i cannot fit him in my team, im preferring swallow for some reason, though if foley scores better i might go without swallow or gaff

iddy

liking anthony from nth at a similar price

Junktimer

my attitude is, you can have a rookie, or you can have a proven gun who is injury prone but still.  if he gets his body right, he is a much better than option than say jared polec.

Holz

Quote from: iddy on December 24, 2010, 10:18:34 PM
liking anthony from nth at a similar price

they arent even close one will be under 200k while the other will be 350k +
foley will actually be cheaper than david swallow. Foley should be considered as a rookie

HTM

i hope this guy has an awesome pre season, and plays well in NAB CUP

Wes Mantooth

can't fit him in at the moment, gaff and swallow sit before him as i am also treating him as a rookie at that price.

elephants

possibly but i think for a couple dollars less you could get a lot of the top rookies who are certanties for games barring injury and the tigers have beefed up there midfield stocks since his injury.... i am not saying he will not get a game i am sure he will but he may have a resticted role much like leon davis :)

Boomz

I think if he gets his body right he'll be a great option as he is really the tigers gun mid... Yes they have good young mids but when fit he's a lot better (atm).

the dud

dont forget that hes only about 25 or 26, so the tigers will know that he still has a good few years left so i dont think he'll have that much of a restricted role like some people are mentioning.
hes a good player and if he gets his body right he'll make plenty of cash and some decent scores along the way.

50/50 for me at this stage. obviously dependent upon his pre season reports.

Cruiseon

He wont get a tag anymore, he was very good 2-3 years ago.

Watch pre season I guess

Hawka

the tag should go to delildo or martin now so he could make some good cash

nas

You would if form in NAB okay consider him as said cash cow in the making. note the word IF

j959

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on December 26, 2010, 02:12:42 PM
can't fit him in at the moment, gaff and swallow sit before him as i am also treating him as a rookie at that price.
maybe you should look at him as a mid-pricer Wes??
barring injury, if your structure has room for 1 or 2 mid-pricers, this guy is almost a lock, esp with him in the rookie price range ...

Junktimer

j are you more sc or dt?