Rookie Blues: Matthew Watson

Started by Master Q, December 24, 2010, 04:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Q's Look
Watson is a rookie who was drafted by Carlton at Pick 18, Carlton's first pick in the 2010 NAB AFL Draft. Watson is a medium sized defender who would be used most likely to go up against Tall Forwards, however still has the ability to play on Smaller Sized Forwards. He is 195 cm tall and weighs in at 102 kg.

AFL Assesment

QuoteLeft-footed tall defender with impressive marking ability and a tremendous ability to win the ball. Amazing endurance keeps him going for the entire match. Played well in the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, earning All-Australian honours and averaging 19 disposals and five marks per game

Starting Price (FanPlanner)

DT: $116,200

SC: $127,500

Fantasy Decision

Doubt he'll play in Round 1, but could play during the year. Could be very good fantasy wise, as he looks like a player he can win and use the ball. Wouldn't start with him, but could be a good upgrade if he does ever get named in 2010.

(Sources: AFL and Carlton)

Hawka

wanted hawks to pick him  :( but oh well i reckon he will get games but unliklely il start of with him

Justin Bieber

I'm certainly looking at him. Blues need decent defenders so could see him slip in.

Junktimer

pyronerd

will keep an eye on him over the pre-season and may find a spot on my bench