Main Menu

Good or Bad?

Started by Boomz, December 24, 2010, 03:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomz

Cheers mate ;)

Always good to look at that and I'm a bit lazy to check so thanks that gives me a bit to think about...
I like Grimes too and he most likely will be in and out of my team all pre-season...

bomberboy0618

i love the backs, theyre awesome. Everything is good but the mids only have 1 out and out star, swan.

Boomz

I disagree with that Boyd & A. Swallow are definitely premiums... Swan is a league above but not many others are with him except Goddard who is in my backline. Cheers though BB ;)

bomberboy0618

Quote from: BOOMZ on December 26, 2010, 11:37:48 AM
I disagree with that Boyd & A. Swallow are definitely premiums... Swan is a league above but not many others are with him except Goddard who is in my backline. Cheers though BB ;)
Yeah they are premiums but they're not as good as Montana, swan, goddard, hodge and ablett.

Boomz

Yes but imo you dont start with more than one... Have reasons for not starting with Monty, Ablett & Hodge...

Montagna - Upgrade target as I think he'll start slowly and come down in price.
Ablett - Who knows how he's going to go at GC?
Hodge - Just don't really like him as a midfielder only & he's got more pressure on him now too as Captain.

bomberboy0618

Ah ok Im not sure whether I'll start 2.
Good reasoning though :)

Boomz

Yeah by the end I'd be hoping I have at least 1-2 of those guys:)

Barlow 21

Quote from: BOOMZ on December 26, 2010, 11:56:28 AM
Yes but imo you dont start with more than one... Have reasons for not starting with Monty, Ablett & Hodge...

Montagna - Upgrade target as I think he'll start slowly and come down in price.
Ablett - Who knows how he's going to go at GC?
Hodge - Just don't really like him as a midfielder only & he's got more pressure on him now too as Captain.
Thats my thinking. If they gun it up trade them in early and if they start slowly bring them in at a cheap/er price. 8)

tferrier18

It'd be pretty hard to trade in ablett early though...?

You'd have to downgrade someone to a rookie then upgrade a premium...Trading premiums isn't really a good idea unless they're injured or out of form - and if you're trading an out of form premium then his price will be heaps lower while Ablett's will be increasing, so you'll need even more dosh. To me it feels like a wasted trade.

Watch NAB to see how ablett fits into gc and then make a decision I'd say. I just reckon that this season trades will be even more valuable, so using them on trading premiums.

Boomz

I'm guessing ur talking to barlow right? coz I'm not planning on doing that lol

tferrier18

Boomz

Quick question Buddy or Rioli? Can fit him in if i do another trade I'm thinking of...

Junktimer

buddy. just.  id try and get both though

Boomz

Yeah if Rioli is MPP (still a bit of hope :P) then I'll definitely have both...

Barlow 21