Main Menu

Good or Bad?

Started by Boomz, December 24, 2010, 03:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomz

Can't sleep so decided to have another shot with the fanplanner... Was a very quick one so bare with me I'll have another look in the morning :) Please rate.

Back: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Kelly, Drummond, Mzungu, Richardson (Iles, Hibberd, Toy)

Mid: A. Swallow, D. Swallow, Boyd, Swan, Heppell, Atley (Krakouer, Callinan, Green)

Ruck: Sandi, Jolly (Jenkins, Smith)

Fwd: N. Riewoldt, Didak, Sylvia, Pavlich, Knights, Petrie, Rioli (Matera, Smith, Darling)

ossie85

That's a very, very solid team! Wouldn't be spreading that around too much :)

Premiership Players Alan Didak and Steele Sidebottom might bite you though, given they have two byes

Luigi197

7.5 / 10

Backs look good; hard to judge Drummond at this stage and watch it with GC rookies on bench, plus another GC on-field...
You scared me with you mids at the start, next time put them in order!!  ::) You might wanna try Hodge instead of A Swallow? And dont know much about Green.
Rucks look KK OK though dont know much about Jenkins...
Forwards the strongest line in your team IMO though i would steer away from both Didak and Sidebutt...

Good Job, Luigi

Junktimer

Quote from: BOOMZ on December 24, 2010, 03:47:24 AM
Can't sleep so decided to have another shot with the fanplanner... Was a very quick one so bare with me I'll have another look in the morning :) Please rate.

Back: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Drummond, Mzungu, Richardson (Iles, Hibberd, Toy)

Mid: A. Swallow, D. Swallow, Boyd, Swan, Heppell, Atley (Krakouer, Callinan, Green)

Ruck: Sandi, Jolly (Jenkins, Smith)

Fwd: N. Riewoldt, Didak, Sylvia, Sidebottom, Knights, Petrie, Rioli (Matera, Smith, Darling)

Good.

backs: dont like jack grimes, i think he is injury prone and inconsistent, and there are proven scorers at that price who i think are better options. -0.5

mids: very good.

rucks: good.

fwds: sylvia and sidebottom will be a bit of flair, they may be inconsistent but will pull out the big scores.  but still a very good line. -0.5

overall a very nice team, 9/10.

Boomz

Cheers luigi & ossie :)

I couldn't make up my mind on which of the 2 so I went both but thats likely to change ;)

lol soz luigi :P I'm a big fan of Swallow & I think he'll take it up yet another level next year. Green is a redhead mid who got drafted by Brissie and should play a lot. Jenkins is a rookie for essendon who may get some games but not fussed as it's a bonus if your 4th ruck actually plays imo.

JT, Cheers :) I half agree about grimes but I'm hoping he moves into the middle coz if he does he'll take it up a notch. Probably will change though.

Junktimer

yeah josh green will be a good pick up, as will a.swallow

Boomz

Thinking of doing these trades:

Grimes --> Kelly
Didak or Sidebottom --> Pavlich

thoughts? I can get just about any Fwd or Defender for them as I have a lot left over.

Junktimer

like it, i would trade side ass for pav.

both good trades

nas

sidebottom out pav in. imo

Boomz

Thanks have edited the original post with those trades.

Maca24

gday boomz.
backs are great. mids are great, but callinan isnt a rookie id consider.
forwards great. 9.6 outta 10 very good team.

Boomz

Cheers Maca :) I only chose Callinan as he is the only cheap F/C that I think will get a fair amount of games...

Maca24

no worries. thought you would have a good team cas you give out good advice  :P
could you rate mine plz?  ;)

Boomz

haha thanks :P Yeah sure :)

tferrier18

This is a fu**ing good team.

Although as usual I'll run your team through the first 3 non-playing weeks and assume you're going for the overall win and that these rounds do count towards the overall score when the comp starts. (Think that's a safe bet seeming DT are doing this)

R4 - 4 prems out (Average could lose a lot of points)
R5 - 1 prem out (very good)
R6 - 4 prems out (Average could lose a lot of points)

Going to - 1 because over those 3 weeks you'll have 9 prems out.

So maybe there's a bit of tweaking to be done, but other than that...awesome team.
I really like Grimes, especially now that he's in the leadership team. I think I'll put him back in my team as a replacement for Waite - I just hope Grimesy can stay uninjured.