Junktimer's take: Rucks

Started by Junktimer, December 24, 2010, 02:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knowall

Something a bit left from centre but since apart from Sandi nobody really stands out and im not sure if i can pick any midpricers with any confidence (im planning to hav Petrie mid)  What about starting Sandi and Smith??
Is it possible id have suffecient backup??

If not what about some of the unique players such as Goldstein, Leuenberger who should both get plenty of ruck time?

Justin Bieber

Both on the up but will still share their time. Could work out as both look to have a spot in the side.

For the Kanga's, Petrie's ability to play ruck may lead to a Goldy Vs Hmac face-off for the Ruck spot with the sub rule coming in.

Knowall

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 16, 2011, 02:21:37 AM
Both on the up but will still share their time. Could work out as both look to have a spot in the side.

For the Kanga's, Petrie's ability to play ruck may lead to a Goldy Vs Hmac face-off for the Ruck spot with the sub rule coming in.
Yea thats true about goldstein.

I wonder if anyone will be game enough to hav sandi and clarke starting?

Justin Bieber

Knowall

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 16, 2011, 08:24:54 PM
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23542.0.html

MTTY just might.
I meant Zac Clarke (GC) or is that too risky?

But Mitch Clarke is a good option im starting to really consider

Justin Bieber

It's Zac Smith from the Suns ;). I kept calling him Clarke earlier on myself :-[.

I don't think many would unless they like a pretty big risk there.

bomberboy0618

wonder whos gonna pick cox/petrie, thats gutsy  :o

Knowall

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 17, 2011, 01:31:38 PM
It's Zac Smith from the Suns ;). I kept calling him Clarke earlier on myself :-[.

I don't think many would unless they like a pretty big risk there.
Oopps  :-[

Yea i think itd be too risky but gould be worth it.

lozza63

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 16, 2011, 02:21:37 AM

When Hmac is finally fit Goldy may have just cemented his spot in the side.
He is quite agile for big man and has an eye for a goal.
Even with Hmac fit Goldy would prove an awkward match up resting up forward.
For instance the forward line could structure up:
Harvey Petrie Goldy
Thomas Hansen Campbell
3 nippy forwards crumbing any scraps from the skyscrapers.
Just my 2cents people.

Bmo23

Being a supporter, I am quite certain Petrie will go nowhere near the ruck this season, HMac + Goldy are a lock as the 2 ruckmen with Drew stationed in the goal Square.

MTTY

Quote from: Bmo23 on January 27, 2011, 11:37:23 AM
Being a supporter, I am quite certain Petrie will go nowhere near the ruck this season, HMac + Goldy are a lock as the 2 ruckmen with Drew stationed in the goal Square.
Hmac is injured mate

GJayBee

Good write up, well done.

I have two takes on rucks this year.

1  The set and forget

Jolly, Tippett, (Fraser, Smith) with Petrie in forward line.

Even though I am emotionally scared by Tippett, he seems likely to improve 10 points and play 22 games. An improving Jolly and Tippett, with Fraiser and Smith fattening on the bench, and Petrie in the forward line, ready to swap with Tippett, could be a go'a.

2  Sandi and Frase

Sandiland, Fraser (Smith, Redden)

This style is more aggressive but also offers the opportunity to upgrade Fraser to an in form ruck and would kick my 'set and forget' ruc teams arse!

Cheers

antman

I'm going to look at zac smith very closely in the nab to see what hes playing like so hopfully I can go the cheap option and put drew in the forward line and a cheap mpp on the ruck bench