Junktimer's take: Rucks

Started by Junktimer, December 24, 2010, 02:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barlow 21

Isn`t it Robert Campbell not Bobbie Campbell? ???

tferrier18

Robby's are often called Bobby...like how people call James', Jim

Junktimer

technically yes barlow, but i like to give people alternate names. ie kurtley tippett

Torress

how come people are assuming that the big guys will be used as the sub?? good big man is better than good small man! to say that hille and ryder may be used as a sub is just ridiculous and so too with hmac. its more likely the rookies will be used as a sub or some utility as the sub.

the sub will more than likely be different guys each round, silly to presume its the ruck, they need to rotate frequently. bring on a little guy who can just run his guts out for a half

Junktimer

i think they will be, as the coaches now have 3 on the interchange i dont think they will want a ruck in one of those spots.  its not ridiculous to assume such a thing.

Master Q

Um...

I'm pretty sure Jamie Charman isn't a rookie  :P

Junktimer

i have him in the category "non-debuting rookie" meaning that they have played games before but are rookie priced

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Torress on December 25, 2010, 12:10:33 PM
how come people are assuming that the big guys will be used as the sub?? good big man is better than good small man! to say that hille and ryder may be used as a sub is just ridiculous and so too with hmac. its more likely the rookies will be used as a sub or some utility as the sub.

the sub will more than likely be different guys each round, silly to presume its the ruck, they need to rotate frequently. bring on a little guy who can just run his guts out for a half
I've got to agree. Can't see a team going in a ruckman short only to replace the other ruckman later in the game. Prefer having 2 big men play and rotate forward for resting.

Ryder and Hille are capable. Kangas have Goldy, Hmac and Petrie who can play ruck and need good KPP Forwards so would be ideal for them to use that to their advantage. Although Kangas more likely to use a Ruck Sub than a team like Essendon (for example).

Wilkopolis

I tend to agree with the analysis on Jolly.  Took half a year getting comfortable in his role at Collingwood then started blitzing.  I'll open up with him, Sandi, Smith and another playing rookie (would love to see Bailey get out there).  Don't think the fourth ruck position can be used on a junk player this year without risking a donut due to a Bye/Injury combo.

Think the analysis (& other comments I've read) on Nicnat have been a little unfair.  Sure he didn't set the world on fire last year, but he played virtually every game and scored points relative to his value (including a ton in the GF).  This is more than could be said for just about every premium bar Sandi.

Junktimer

hmm maybe about NicNat, Hille was a better option this year though.

Wilkopolis

Quotehmm maybe about NicNat, Hille was a better option this year though.

Agreed.  All I'm saying is that those who went Sandi / NicNat were a lot better off than those who went Sandi / Premium this year - especially when you consider most also had Tippett dragging the chain

Boomz

Quote from: Torress on December 25, 2010, 12:10:33 PM

I agree with that but say someone like Petrie or NLM who can play FWD/Ruck & NLM Mid/Back(even ruck a bit)... They are big and I could see them being used as subs... Not Hmac & Hille though as they are more pure rucks.

Junktimer

yeah BOOMZ its not ridiculous to think that may happen.

hey whos NLM?

MajorLazer

I think it's Nathan Lovett-Murray.

Boomz