Main Menu

The Courthouse

Started by Master Q, December 22, 2010, 12:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Alex7089 on December 22, 2010, 07:37:06 PM
Follow up question. We assume they have anywhere between an hour and a year to live, but they will be in excruciating pain the whole time.
you euthanize them, its the only way

Justin Bieber

I'd stay by their side. I'm against killing somebody. But that's just me. It depends on the person.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 22, 2010, 09:40:59 PM
I'd stay by their side. I'm against killing somebody. But that's just me. It depends on the person.
i wouldnt either, but its better to save their suffering instead of making them suffer.

Justin Bieber

Have to make sure they are willing to go through with it if you do decide to help them. If they don't agree, even more against the idea.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 22, 2010, 09:50:58 PM
Have to make sure they are willing to go through with it if you do decide to help them. If they don't agree, even more against the idea.
well of course, but if they do you have to. But what if say theres something really important and personal to them coming up, and theyre riddled with pain, what do u do?

McRooster

Quote from: Master Q on December 22, 2010, 12:45:19 PM
I think it will be cool if we could sort of have debates and discuss issues in this thread.

I'll kick it off:

What would you do?

There are 200 80 Year Olds on a Train. a few kilometres away, the track is broken. If you continue down the track, everyone will die. However, there is a Second Track, which will save everyone, however there is a Baby sitting on it.

Would you go down the 1st track or go down the 2nd Track and kill the baby, but save all the 80 Year Olds.
I haven't read all the responses but my answer would be to stop.
Baby lives and fogies live, they will die one day but not today because you have made the right choice.
You don't have to continue down a path just because your on a 'train'  ;)

Junktimer

Quote from: McRooster on December 22, 2010, 10:40:03 PM
I think it will be cool if we could sort of have debates and discuss issues in this thread.

I'll kick it off:

What would you do?

There are 200 80 Year Olds on a Train. a few kilometres away, the track is broken. If you continue down the track, everyone will die. However, there is a Second Track, which will save everyone, however there is a Baby sitting on it.

Would you go down the 1st track or go down the 2nd Track and kill the baby, but save all the 80 Year Olds.
Baby lives and fogies live, they will die one day but not today because you have made the right choice.

premium answer.

Wes Mantooth

id throw a pacifier in the middle of the track, the train would clear the baby.
baby then goes on to become evil knivel 2 and world famous.

roo boys!

Master Q

Quote from: McRooster on December 22, 2010, 10:40:03 PM

I'll kick it off:

What would you do?

Way to ruin the Question Roost. Let's say the breaks don't work, you are going at 250 kph and the break is 40 Metres ahead. How you gonna' stop know, Rooster.

ossie85

Here's one....

You are being held hostage by evil but honourable terrorists (i.e. they tell the truth).

They take you into a locked cage, where a blue-eyed, brown haired caucausian girl is trapped to a chair.

They hand you a gun, and tell you to shoot the girl. If you do not shoot the girl, a bomb will go off and kill 2 other girls, but you and the girl can go free.

If you shoot the girl, you and the other two girls can go free.

If you shoot yourself, all 3 girls die and you family put in danger.

What do you do?

Alex7089

Why does the blue eyed brown haired matter? :P

This is like batman with the joker and the boats :P

I would shoot the girl in the leg. The terrorists didn't say we had to kill her, just shoot her. If I shoot her in the leg everybody lives :)

ossie85

Quote from: Alex7089 on December 23, 2010, 12:49:27 PM
Why does the blue eyed brown haired matter? :P

This is like batman with the joker and the boats :P

I would shoot the girl in the leg. The terrorists didn't say we had to kill her, just shoot her. If I shoot her in the leg everybody lives :)

Smart arse :) Fine, Kill the girl!! Is a bit similar to The Dark Knight.

The blue eyed, brown hair matters only so much that it gives you description, in an attempt to take away some of theory of it all, and the actual action of killing someone

Alex7089

OK then, have I ever met or seen the other two? If not, I would not kill the girl, I could not bring myself to do it.

ossie85

Quote from: Alex7089 on December 23, 2010, 03:10:51 PM
OK then, have I ever met or seen the other two? If not, I would not kill the girl, I could not bring myself to do it.

You haven't met the other two (that you know of).

This is the kind of response I'm after :) So when does it tip over though? 4 girls? 40? 400? 4000?

This is how you can measure human life