Who has created the best team from the cricket draft

Started by MTTY, December 22, 2010, 10:12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

8-6 Suited

I voted for Team 2 because he has a ripper team (Except for Bracken who hasn't really been 'that good' in any form). He has the best openers, a very solid middle order with the best keeper in cricket now, or ever. Not keeper-batsman or that would be Gilly but pure keeper in Boucher.  And a solid slightly underrated bowling attack.

Hawka

team 2 first six is just  :o

but all those bowlers were very inconstsient

8-6 Suited

Not really. Its a ODI bowling line up. Mushtaq is the best ODI off spinner, having reached all the milestones for wickets up to 250 faster than anyone else. And the only spinner ever to get a hat trick in a one dayer as well.

8-6 Suited

And he took 2 hat-tricks in ODI's, only 2 other guys have done that. One is Vaas who I have and Im not sure who the other guy was.

Hawka

8-6 Suited

Yeah thats it. Couldn't remember who but I knew it was a Pakistani as well.

MTTY

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on December 24, 2010, 05:36:44 PM
I voted for Team 2 because he has a ripper team (Except for Bracken who hasn't really been 'that good' in any form). He has the best openers, a very solid middle order with the best keeper in cricket now, or ever. Not keeper-batsman or that would be Gilly but pure keeper in Boucher.  And a solid slightly underrated bowling attack.
cheers shaggy thought i was actually in with a chance until the first few votes came in :-\

Alex7089

Team 2 was second for mine :)
Team 4 just couldn't be beaten though. Very nice team MTTY ;)

8-6 Suited

When it was finished, I knew I had the best team overall. But my biggest risk to voters in my opinion was your team MTTY... :x

CrowsFan

Thought I would do my own little stats here to see if they differ from what shaggy is saying. Going by the batting average of each player in each team I have worked out that the average score each team would make each inning if every player batted would be:

Team 4
Tests: 401.98 runs
ODI's: 288.78 runs

Team 5
Tests: 379.75 runs
ODI's: 305.62 runs

And now going on bowling averages for how many runs they would concede before getting the other out (work out an average for the 5 bowlers then multiply by 10)
Team 4
Tests: 287.14 runs
ODI's: 267.62 runs

Team 5
Tests: 292.1 runs
ODI's: 267.46 runs

So from these stats you can see that Team 4 is clearly better than Team 5 in test matches since they score more runs per innings and concede less when bowling. But for ODI's it is the opposite so Team 5 is better since they score more runs and concede a little bit less.

So I guess your voting should go to whether you prefer test matches or ODI's/

Alex7089

8-6 Suited

How do they score more, when I have 20k more total runs?

Also, how did you work yours out CF? I'm not generally good at figuring out averages.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Alex7089 on December 25, 2010, 12:17:31 AM
Concede a little less? Under a run difference ::)
Haha yes I know, but they did score more so they would still win.

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on December 25, 2010, 12:21:46 AM
How do they score more, when I have 20k more total runs?

Also, how did you work yours out CF? I'm not generally good at figuring out averages.
I would assume you have 20k more runs because your players have played a lot more matches.
Well for working out the team batting average I just added together each players average to get a score. And for runs conceded I added together the bowling average of the 5 bowlers and diveded that by 5 to get an average of how many runs would be conceded per wicket then multiplied by 5.

I voted for team 5 a while ago because I like the attacking instinct in the side, but after looking at the stats I would probably change my vote to team 4

8-6 Suited

Yeah I saw how you worked out how you got the bowling side but the batting side I was curious about.

I didn't think of doing it that way... Good thinking lol I made my team for test matches, a side I would ideally want to see playing tests. ODI's I have a nice side I believe but my strength quite clearly is tests, and aggression doesnt pay off much in tests unless its against Bangladesh. :p

Hawka