8-6 Suited

Average Matches per team

Team 5

Test/Innings: 94.54/189.08
ODI: 184.54

Team 4

Test/Innings: 103.54/207.09
ODI: 251.54

So it's quite clear my side has played quite a few more games than your team, which isn't really a factor but should be in the test averages per game/innings which obviously, not all of them would have gone to a 2nd innings but go with it anyway.

Average Team Runs Per Match/Innings

Worked out by Matches Total divided by 11 to find an average, then dividing the runs total by that matches/innings average.

Team 5

Test: 585.44/292.72
ODI: 238.25

Team 4

Test: 561.43/280.70
ODI: 250.59

So by this method, my team outscores you in ODI which is where I have a lot of strength in my bowlers, whilst in tests you outscore me.

Alex, I know you were. :p

8-6 Suited

Now should I do anymore.... Hmmm I dunno. I think I proved my point lol I could do an average of how many wickets they would pick up per match. :D

Alex7089

Although like you said Shaggy because of the extra matches played for your guys they will naturally have lower averages.

8-6 Suited

Overall when added up, my team had played nearly 1k more ODI and about 200 more tests. So it is a big difference.

Alex7089

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on December 24, 2010, 05:19:01 PM
Now should I do anymore.... Hmmm I dunno. I think I proved my point lol I could do an average of how many wickets they would pick up per match. :D
You would have to incorporate the average amount of overs in a test innings, the SR of the bowlers, the average amount of deliveries between dismissals for the batsman, the amount of not out innings achieved by the batsmen, would be complicated...

Or we could jsut assume both teams would take 10 per innings, 20 per test :ninja

8-6 Suited

And I am not very good at working out averages. Hence why I asked HP if I was doing the right formula just to do the test/innings one. :p

8-6 Suited

And thats funny because I used to be top 1.3% in Australia for maths when I was a kid. -_- Old age, I tell you... And lots of alcohol.

8-6 Suited

Would I change a thing? Yes... I would have started drinking earlier. :D

Hawka

wen ppl vote they mite not look at the whole team they mite say hey he has mcgrath lara and ponting ior in your case they mite say hey he has warne and gilly

Alex7089

It is stupid to jusdge a team based on a few players though. You need to look a little deeper ;)

Hawka

8-6 Suited

They should be voting for the team, which is the point. I mean, after all, it is the title of the thread.

Who has created the best team from the cricket draft?

But thats not to say you don't have a good team because you honestly do. It just has quite a few holes in it.

Hawka