MPP status dilema, need some help

Started by popedelio, December 22, 2010, 01:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

popedelio

i have sylvia and higgins in my fanplanner fwd line, but i have nobody in my ctr that has mpp ctr status, should i trade J.Selwood for chappy, or some other FWD/MID in my midfield, but i really want J.Selwood, what do you reccomend for me to do?

Justin Bieber

List your forward and midfield line that you'd like. Would make it easier to give some advice knwoing what is there to work with ;).

Maybe look to upgrade to somebody with MPP status for F/C early in the year? Or even downgrade to somebody with it in the midfield?

popedelio

MID: Swan, Hodge (CTR/DEF), Selwood, Anthony, D.Swallow, Gaff
FWD: Franklin, Sylvia(CTR/FWD), Riewoldt, Higgins (CTR/FWD), Petterd (CTR, FWD), Petrie, Prestia

Junktimer

Quote from: popedelio on December 22, 2010, 01:33:31 AM
MID: Swan, Hodge (CTR/DEF), Selwood, Anthony, D.Swallow, Gaff
FWD: Franklin, Sylvia(CTR/FWD), Riewoldt, Higgins (CTR/FWD), Petterd (CTR, FWD), Petrie, Prestia

hey pope, i reckon your best bet would be one of three options.

A) Trade Selwood for Chappy.
B) Get McNeil or Callinan on the bench.
C) Do both, having two MPP possibilities.

hope that helps!

elephants

possibly bring in conca who has a chance of being f/c mpp. i have dids in my midfield :)

Junktimer

popedelio

Quote: Junktimer  : Today at 01:56:43 AM 
B) Get McNeil or Callinan on the bench.
hmmm if i do i don't think those guys are going to get consistent games compared to conca, if conca is a f/c he is a sound option, he can fit on my bench which is a plus, but then i have none left in the kitty, i am really keen on having selwood this season so i will probably will be getting conca if he is a mpp, cheers for the advice lads

Junktimer

they are actually both chances to get games.

mcNeil was very close to getting a game this year, and callinan is a 28-year old recruit the crows got as they were in need of a small forward.

another rookie chance for FWD/MID MPP is Josh Green from Brisy

popedelio

my apologies jt, i haven't done my research. Do you know of the two who would most likely play most of the 2011 season, and hopefully an explanation on how McNiel is going to squeeze into the syd team?

Junktimer

haha no worries pope, its just my opinion anyway.

i still think if conca is FWD/MID, he is the best option, although:

i would say they are both CHANCES, but no certainties. 

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=87206
McNeil may fit into the Swans side, and I think under the new coach is more likely to get in that with Roosey.  Can play either mid or forward, so could slot in either position.  However with draftees Jed Lamb and Luke Parker, it makes more competition.  No certainty, but a chance.

Callinan was tearing it up in the SANFL before he was finally drafted at 28 years of age.  Clubs don't draft players oldies for nothing, so he is also a chance.

Hope that helps!

popedelio

your a legend jt, i would have never even thought of these 2 lads, i know this is quiete a cliche on fanfooty but we're all waiting for NAB cup to make our final teams.

Junktimer

thanks pope no worries.

yeah NAB Cup will be how i finalise my rookies too

elephants

great research jt :)

makes me rethink some strategies hahaha :)

Junktimer

Quote from: elephants on December 23, 2010, 02:25:51 AM
great research jt :)

makes me rethink some strategies hahaha :)

haha thanks elephants hope it helped

nas

Yep & cheap also so of the two and IMO Callinan will get more time