Main Menu

Hello

Started by Hellopplz, December 22, 2010, 12:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

JunkTimer wanted me to put a team up so here is what my current fanplanner team looks like. Mind you, it is far from over :P. And don't mind some out there rookies, it's still all speculation at this stage ;).

Defence: Deledio, Enright, Gilbee, Hurn, Otten, Heppell, Richardson (Toy, Iles, Mzungu).
Midfield: Goddard, Chapman, Murphy, Pendlebury, D. Swallow, Gaff (Smith, Wallis/Libatore, Krakouer).
Rucks: Sandilands, Ryder (Smith, Lycett/Somebody who'll play).
Forwards: Didak, Pavlich, Goodes, J. Riewoldt, T. Cloke, Petrie, Butcher (Dixon, Darling, Hooper).

$14.5k to spare.

Feel free to pick it apart as I don't mind.

Knowall

I like the backline but ud be crazy not to have Goddard in ur team somewhere.   I like the midfield not sure about Corey but i guess could come off.  the rucks are average.  The forward line seems good tho i like it alot.

Overall 7.5/10

and i cant find what the theme is

MajorLazer

Is the theme that you picked them all?

A lot of smokies there HP. No Fev? :P

Justin Bieber

True, it is  a pretty risky team, but will make the year more fun/challenging :D.

I try not to spend over $600k for a single player so rules out the big GUNS from the start. for over 100k, can get a nice solid player. If I do that for 3 players, that's 300k :o. Of course I would look to upgrade to the likes of Goddard, Ablett, Swan, Chapman, Sandilands, etc.

Petrie should make enough cash fast to be able to upgrade to Sandi after a bad game or two of his. Will save maybe 100k from there as he'd have to be pretty consistent to keep that price ;). Having a few rookies everywhere means I'll pounce on Goddard early in the season after a bad game. At his price, will only take 1 game to drop 50k and I can save some cash by using the rookies.

Forwards and Backs pretty risky but I like how it's turning out. Not sold on Grimes, Cloke or JRoo yet. Cloke, JRoo and Higgins would be a big rollercoaster during the year. This year though, the Big GUNS in the forwards all failed at some stage (Roo and JB though not their fault, Pav, ROK, Goodes, etc).

Alot of smokies indeed. I'll point out these guys then:
Deledio, Grimes, Murphy, Pendles, Watson, Ryder, JRoo, Cloke and Higgins.

MajorLazer

Still no Fev though. Surprising. :P

I like the idea of not spending more than 600k on a player. I'm not starting with Sandi. I will probably have Kreuzer and Jolly (wouldn't mind Ryder, but not taking an Essendon and Carlton ruckman due to the byes).

Surprised you don't have B.Green. I am looking to have him as I hope he will be unique. Think you have to have one of God or Hodge in the backs, if they are both classified as backs.

Justin Bieber

I have a feeling they won't be ;). Goddard has more of a chance at staying though ;).

No Fev would suprise anybody!! ;D.

If you don't want a Blues or Dons ruckman, why considering Kreuz then? :P. I like Kreuz or Hmac as my second ruck but I got burned bad by Hmac this season :'(.

I would love to have Green in my team. Goodes spot isn't set in stone and he's on the fringes. I prefer Green though and it's literally a straight swap :P.

MajorLazer

Get Green or Sidebottom. ;D

What I meant is that I don't want to have BOTH an Essendon and a Carlton ruckman. Happy to have one or the other though. I just think Kreuzer will score more than Ryder. I may change my mind after NAB Cup though. May end up with both.

Justin Bieber

I wanted Dids but already have Cloke :P. Sidebottom could go well with the strategy though......

MajorLazer

Sidebottom will be better than both of those guys. I'm pretty sure Didak had some Shoulder surgery if I remember correctly. Might not have, but thought I remembered reading something about it.

Cloke can't kick to save his life so forget about him. :P

Junktimer

Hey HP, good to see a team up XD

backs: not sold on grimes and hurn.  hurn was poor this year and grimes' hamstring is troubling, i think drum and broughton would be better options.  nice unique rookies, but keep an eye out for cam richardson.  -1

mids: pretty good, very unique.  not too sure on wallis and parker, wallis under rocket eade will struggle to crack into the team this year IMO, and jed lamb will get a game before parker i think.  -0.5

rucks: i know your a don, but please get sandilands instead of ryder.  -0.5

fwds: nice unique line.  however i have a problem with goodes and higgins.  goodes was very inconsistent this year, and higgins is made of butter. I think sidey and rioli are better options.  -1

overall a very nice, unique team.

I think the absence of guns swan, goddard, ablett and sandilands will really hurt you, though you may be able to get the cheaper later in the year, you will get creamed by them early on.

7/10, good start (I'm a very hard marker)

can you rate mine?

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23368.0.html

Justin Bieber

Haha, thanks JT ;D. Will do but gotta get off now. Later today ;).

I'm not sold on Grimes early. Gilbert could slip in there :P. Hurn had some niggles and was given some more attention during the season by the opposition (who else would they target at West Coast?).
Parker is just a little out there pick I will be keeping an eye on. He's a midfielder while Lamb plays more Forward ;). 2 different players.
I'm thinking of tossing Petrie up forward and upgrading Knights to Sandi in the rucks. Will mean I lose a cash cow though :'(.
I like Higgins though *blows raspberries. Goodes I'm not sold on as said before ;).
Swan started off slowly this season. I'll jump on once he strings 2 good games together. Same with Goddard/Ablett. Being in a new team could mean Ablett is a slight unknown. Not as good teammates/chemistry could spell a drop in scores ;).

Junktimer

you gotta get sandi.

i applaud your bravery by not getting swan and GOD early.

mophead222

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 22, 2010, 12:34:50 AM
JunkTimer wanted me to put a team up so here is what my current fanplanner team looks like. Mind you, it is far from over :P. And don't mind some out there rookies, it's still all speculation at this stage ;).

Defence: Deledio, Enright, Grimes, Hurn, Otten, Heppell, Watson (Hibberd, Iles, Mzungu).
Midfield: Murphy, Pendlebury, Watson, Boyd, Corey, D. Swallow (Gaff, Wallis, Parker).
Rucks: Ryder, Petrie (Smith, Gawn).
Forwards: Pavlich, Goodes, J. Riewoldt, T. Cloke, Higgins, Knights, Butcher (Dixon, Darling, Hooper).

A whopping $336,100 to spare 8).

Bar a few picks (for consistency over years), can you pick a common theme with half of the players?

Feel free to pick it apart as I don't mind.

backs arent bad, no cam richardson?

cant say i like the mids much at all, i think gaff needs to be on field and wallis wont get many games with a strong dogs midfield. (Just want to add, having 2 dons and a blue could hurt you in  the long run)

weak weak weak rucks, gotta go lock and leave man. :)

i actually dont mind the fowards, make your starting rook dion prestia and i like them, if travis cloke can kick straight this year, he could easy average 100+. jack riewoldt has room to get better with an improving tigers team.

overall 6.9/10

Barlow 21

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 22, 2010, 01:21:17 AM
I have a feeling they won't be ;). Goddard has more of a chance at staying though ;).

No Fev would suprise anybody!! ;D.

If you don't want a Blues or Dons ruckman, why considering Kreuz then? :P. I like Kreuz or Hmac as my second ruck but I got burned bad by Hmac this season :'(.

I would love to have Green in my team. Goodes spot isn't set in stone and he's on the fringes. I prefer Green though and it's literally a straight swap :P.
I like Green too.

Justin Bieber

As I said, this team is far from over guys. Alot of work to be done.

I just threw Watson in there but don't think he'll stay in. First time he's been in my team so far :P. This will probably mean Gaff returns to on field (like he's been in most of my teams) and a could of $$$ left.

Richardson is in my team half the time. I prefer him to Watson but remember, rookies WILL change ;). Can't judge a team based on rookies ::). Nobody will take the same rookies into the season that they've planned now.

So likely changes to this current squad based on advice is.......
Watson Out for Richardson.
Watson Out for Smith (Midfield rookie but unsure).
Petrie Out for Sandi (As much as I don't want to get him this early).
Goodes Out for Green/Improver 400k guy.
Knights Out for Petrie.

Pretty sure that'll all come under the cap so not a problem ;).

Cheers guys.