Shortlisted, Could Be Good
6 (31.6%)
Upgrade Target, He'll Fall
2 (10.5%)
50/50, We'll See
5 (26.3%)
Unlikely, Would Need A Miracle
1 (5.3%)
Hell No, Why Would He Come Into Consideration?
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Justin Bieber

Summary: Jack Grimes
Team: Melbourne                  Birthdate: 11 May 1989
Height: 186cm                     Weight: 81kg
Recruited: Northern Knights    State: VIC
Games: 28                           Goals: 2 

Suprisingly, Grimes is only 21 years old and has shown throughout his injury-riddled career that he could be a future Star for the Demons. He has only played 26 games in 3 seasons which isn't a whole lot. But age is with him and means if he can get his body right, he'll be on the rise once again.

Grimes isn't a huge DT player being in the Demons back half/tagger role. The ball goes down there often which sees him rack up quite a few disposals on occasions, in which he prefers to kick. He has been given a role in the midfield but as a tagger. Although generally not a good productive fantasy role, still finds a way to get the ball himself so who's going to argue with that? But the mix of roles do come with a price, inconsistency. Only 3 tons this season but 4 scores under 60 is a bit worrying. An average of 81.9 in his second year where he actually played a bit is not that bad. Young so look for him to improve in the coming years.

The Crystal Ball:
Based on m0nty's Fanplanner
Price: $350,000
Position: Defender

There are much safer picks for a little more. But isn't going to break the bank and could be a very nice unique

Decision:
I've got to shortlist him. Surely he's got potential to be a big game player for the Demons. Injuries are always a concern and his history won't look good on paper. But a new season means a new beginning hopefully. Just hope he doesn't start of with a niggle pre season as it could lead to worse things to come in his young career.

elephants

ronl

Unless injury strikes pre-season he is locked.

Hawka

hmm gona b a tough cchoice got my eye on a few mid to premo dt defnders

Justin Bieber

Anybody think he'll continue in a tagging role or play a more predominant backline position?

elephants

j959

it's a tough one ... one minute i've got him in, the next he's out.
AFL website updates indicated he was doing well on the training track ...

pro - no league byes for Melb
con - inj risk
pro - prime DT age bracket
con - may lose the half-back attack role
etc, etc

ridley

lock for me if he dosent get injred, melbourne love him and he will probably see some time in the middle

highly doubt he will be a negating player as his skills are to good and he also probably dosent have the pace to tag

McRooster

Quote from: ronl on December 21, 2010, 08:21:55 AM
It's inury in-season that will keep me away.

nas

Quote from: McRooster on December 21, 2010, 10:44:57 PM
Quote from: ronl on December 21, 2010, 08:21:55 AM
It's inury in-season that will keep me away.

Yep the old crystal ball is well and truly needed

elephants