GC Starting line up

Started by Discomaniac, December 20, 2010, 06:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discomaniac

What do you reckon the Gold Coast starting line up will look like?

I've had a stab but I didn't really follow them last year so I could be totally wrong.

Back: Harbrow, Coad,  N.Krakeur
CHB: C Brown, Bock, Illes
C: Wilkinson, Rischitteli, Bennell,
CHF: Stanley, S.Day, Caddy
FF B.Matera, Brennan, Prestia
R Fraser, Ablett, Swallow
Int: Z.Smith, J.Toy, D Harris,

Justin Bieber

Try posting in this thread: http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23059.0.html

Looks alright.
Would put Brown in the Back Pocket for one of those Krakouer or Harbrow.
Brennan won't be FF, more like a HF flanker. I reckon Dixon would get FF or they might even try Fraser there with Smith starting Ruck.

MiGZ

Josh Toy will get a run in that backline or wing straight up. Jet.

Discomaniac

roo boys!

yep toy will be starting for sure.

PowerMan

How many rookies can we lock and load for round 2 in that line up?

Alex7089

I would say Toy will play most games, although he is bound to miss a few being a first year player.

I could see Matera and Prestia playing a few as well.

Other than that I have no clue, I am trying to pretend GCS doesn't exist, so naturally I don't know a lot about them :P

DamenS

I don't think Coad will be tall enough for Full Back in the AFL - he'd be best suited as a 3rd tall position.

diddley

will be interesting to see how sam day goes this early in that pos. is there anyone else fighting to get into that spot?

Junktimer

Charlie Dixon and Nathan Ablett

hawk_88

Smith will be the #1 ruck and Fraser will play in the forward line and give Smith a rest by taking 20-30% of the ruck work.

You are right in having Brown down back. So many people seem to think he will play forward but it is well documented that one of the reasons he went north was that he was guaranteed to play up back as he valued the consistency.

You have one spot left for the sub though.

Luigi197

hawk_88

I'm not sure it is. There are definitely a few issues with both but I think this one is probably a touch closer to what we will see round 2.

Junktimer

Quote from: hawk_88 on January 19, 2011, 08:45:09 PM
I'm not sure it is. There are definitely a few issues with both but I think this one is probably a touch closer to what we will see round 2.

maybe so but remember i did mine a month or so ago.

Luigi197

Quote from: Junktimer on January 20, 2011, 11:18:13 AM
Quote from: hawk_88 on January 19, 2011, 08:45:09 PM

maybe so but remember i did mine a month or so ago.

JT u should update yours