Shortlisted, Could Be Good
2 (22.2%)
Upgrade Target, He'll Fall
0 (0%)
50/50, We'll See
4 (44.4%)
Unlikely, Would Need A Miracle
3 (33.3%)
Hell No, Why Would He Come Into Consideration?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Justin Bieber

Summary: Clinton Young
Team: Hawthorn                       Birthdate: 16 Feb 1986
Height: 189cm                          Weight: 86kg
Recruited: North Ballarat Rebels   State: VIC 
Games: 93                               Goals: 43 

In the Hawks glory years of 2007 and 2008, he would of been a pretty solid pick. He has such a BOOMING kick that he can crack a game wide open all by himself. If anybody saw that 2008 Grand Final, we all saw how he took control in such a small period of time. His run and kick gave Hawthorn a spark that led them to victory. It was these 2 years which gave him an average of 83.7 and 84.5. Very nice back then.

Although, in 2009 suffered an injury which limited his game time and allowed for only 5 games. This year seemed a little off and was probably still dealing with little niggles. Played 16 games for an average of 65.1, which is well below his best. He showed some glances of what he can do during last season with only 4 scores below 60 with most scores ranging from 60-90. He much prefers to kick which is a big bonus but can he really get back to his glory days?

The Crystal Ball:
Based on m0nty's Fanplanner
Price: $278,500
Position: Midfielder

Awkward price for a Midfielder. He's got upside no doubt but can he get back to that kind of form we saw previous years? I think he's underpriced although if injuries persist, could be a liability.

Decision:
50/50 really for me. Injuries are always a bother. Hasn't been the same since that Grand Final win. Although, if he lights it up Pre Season, can't completely rule him out. He has shown he can play the DT game, but can he return those scores again? If he suffers little niggles pre season, might keep with him for the year affected his scores.

Junktimer

dont know too much about him in DT, is he a better chance do you think in SC hello?

MajorLazer

Yes he probably is better for SC with his massive kick. A bit like Hurn and Drummond.

Justin Bieber

I would also think SC due to his kick but the stats says he is more of a DT man. He is also more consistent in DT than SC which kinda suprises me.

If he plays on the Wing, I would take him in SC as he has a game breaking ability that allows scores to be boosted. But little niggles have kept his efficency a tad down which is making him more a DT man stat wise.

So it's a Heart says SC, Brain says DT.

McRooster

Buddy, Hodge = 2 Hawks already = no room for Young  ;)

Junktimer

McRooster

Fletch74

Quote from: MajorLazer on December 19, 2010, 12:02:40 AM
Yes he probably is better for SC with his massive kick. A bit like Hurn and Drummond.
I disagree, if you look at Young's stats in the past he tends to turn the ball over a lot, therefore he is better in DT

McRooster

I will say though that from the wing with his raking left foot, he will be one to watch as teams take on Collingwoods style of kicking game.
Hawks will bust out wide, farm out to Young, he laces it out to Buddy - premiership football  ;)
Clarkson will use him Stewart Dew style too to kick the ball over the forward running defence and into the rearward leading Buddy. (Think Buddy starting wing and then running into empty forward area as Roughhead takes the dummy leads and defence out forward - Pagan Paddock style). Buddy's arc kicking will see him kicking from the angle rather than in the guts from balls received down the wing by Young  and co.  ;)

dale93

Will he make the hawks best 22? they have a pretty good midfield with the likes of mitchell,swell,burgoune,hodge and co?will he make much is enother question?he would be a nice 4th or 5th midfieler if scores in mid 80 to 90 each week.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Fletch74 on December 19, 2010, 11:26:56 AM
Quote from: MajorLazer on December 19, 2010, 12:02:40 AM
I disagree, if you look at Young's stats in the past he tends to turn the ball over a lot, therefore he is better in DT
But he has the potential to be better as SC rates players who have long accurate kicks. Although, Stats say otherwise now.

I would believe he is in their 22. He plays well on the wings and could even play off Half Back/Forward Flank. He can run so is needed in their team. They have in and under players all around but not many to pass it to. That's why they've been trying to groom Rioli as a midfielder.

Barlow 21

Clinton Young always dominates Freo too! ::)

Cicjose

Clinton Young IMO has the best kick in the game.

Hawka

QuoteDecision:
50/50 really for me. Injuries are always a bother. Hasn't been the same since that Grand Final win. Although, if he lights it up Pre Season, can't completely rule him out. He has shown he can play the DT game, but can he return those scores again? If he suffers little niggles pre season, might keep with him for the year affected his scores.

i disagree he showed great sings last yr and a  game in tassie he was just on song kicking the ball 55+ meters kicking goals runnin down the wings and flanks

Justin Bieber

He's shown glimpses but not consistently ;). Alot of players show flashes but need to do it a bit more often to get noticed.

But I admit, I don't watch many Hawk games unless I have to :P.