Main Menu

Cricket Draft

Started by MTTY, December 18, 2010, 10:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

8-6 Suited

If I didnt get Dravid, Trott was my next option.

My pick: Simon Katich... My opener :P

bomberboy0618

MTTY

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on December 21, 2010, 07:29:46 PM
Gambhir and harbijan.
damn was hoping harbijan would make it to the last round

8-6 Suited

With my 2nd last pick, I take: Mohummad Yousuf aka Yousuf Youhana

Just read this exert from Wikipedia:

Test match records in 2006

Statistically, the year 2006 is said to be the year of Australia, Muttiah Muralitharan and Yousuf. Yousuf scored 1788 runs at an average of 99.88 in 2006 and broke two of Viv Richards's world records.[47]

“   It's excellent and slightly unbelievable what he has achieved. Nine hundreds in a year and that many runs is just magnificent. He is a very committed player and an excellent role model, not just for Pakistan but for young cricketers everywhere.   â€

â€" Former West Indies batsman Brian Lara on Yousuf's achievements.[48]

On 30 November 2006, during the third innings of the final Test between Pakistan and West Indies at Karachi, he surpassed Viv Richards's thirty year old record and became the highest scorer in Test matches during a single calendar year.[48] He also broke Zaheer Abbas's record for the most runs made by a Pakistani batsman in a three-Test series. Abbas made 583 runs against the visiting Indians in 1978/79.[49]

Yousuf hit nine test centuries in 2006, which is a world record for most centuries in a calendar year.[47]

Yousuf also equalled the record held by former Australian batsman Donald Bradman, by scoring six centuries in successive Tests - although it took him only four matches compared with Bradman's six.[50]

After his 191 at Multan he became the first player in Test history to have been dismissed 3 times in the 190s, with all three innings coming in 2006.[51][52]

Enough said.

1: Ganguly
2: Katich
3: Dravid
4: Chanderpaul
5: Yousuf
6: Gilchrist
7: Pollock
8: Warne
9: Vaas
10:
11: Ntini

pyronerd

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on December 21, 2010, 07:37:03 PM

Statistically, the year 2006 is said to be the year of Australia, Muttiah Muralitharan and Yousuf. Yousuf scored 1788 runs at an average of 99.88 in 2006 and broke two of Viv Richards's world records.[47]

“   It's excellent and slightly unbelievable what he has achieved. Nine hundreds in a year and that many runs is just magnificent. He is a very committed player and an excellent role model, not just for Pakistan but for young cricketers everywhere.   â€

On 30 November 2006, during the third innings of the final Test between Pakistan and West Indies at Karachi, he surpassed Viv Richards's thirty year old record and became the highest scorer in Test matches during a single calendar year.[48] He also broke Zaheer Abbas's record for the most runs made by a Pakistani batsman in a three-Test series. Abbas made 583 runs against the visiting Indians in 1978/79.[49]

Yousuf hit nine test centuries in 2006, which is a world record for most centuries in a calendar year.[47]

Yousuf also equalled the record held by former Australian batsman Donald Bradman, by scoring six centuries in successive Tests - although it took him only four matches compared with Bradman's six.[50]

After his 191 at Multan he became the first player in Test history to have been dismissed 3 times in the 190s, with all three innings coming in 2006.[51][52]

Enough said.

10:
great pick up under the radar shaggy would have jumped on him had i seen that

MTTY

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on December 21, 2010, 07:37:03 PM

Enough said.

10:
My next pick

HillHero13

Now i really have no clue..

1. Gayle
3. Trott
4. Peterson
5. Bravo
6. Mcullum
9. Lee
10. Clark
11. Murali

help!

be back on soon..

bomberboy0618

1. Sehwag
2. Gahmbir
3. Amla
4. De villiers
5. Clarke
6. Afridi
7. Dhoni
8.  Asif
9.  Singh
10. Steyn

Justin Bieber

So it's Hilly, MTTY then hawka?

MTTY

HillHero13

Malinga?? has he been picjed??

MTTY

HillHero13

i forgot
i picked strauss need a number 7 and 8!!

on my ipod so cant really google

Alex7089

Johnson. At his best he is beasty and does well with the bat.

MTTY

Quote from: HillHero13 on December 21, 2010, 08:08:16 PM
i forgot
i picked strauss need a number 7 and 8!!

on my ipod so cant really google
just pick a current player then