Should the tactic of sitting out R1 and sometimes R2 be banned

Started by Hitman, April 21, 2009, 11:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hitman

There is a stink starting to permeate thru fantasy football - these blokes sitting out R1 to have unlimited trades after the completion of R1. If you have a look at the weekly SC top 10, two blokes have only racked up 4000 to 4400 pts , meaning they've missed both R1 and R2 to get the best picks available

mEnty

They will never win the major prize though. Would only ever have a chance at the weekly. Don't think it matters too much, but I can see the administrators making it so that you can't create a team after round one.

nas

People will do anything to get ahead, but in saying that they are really losers & specially if playing with a group of friends etc.

Always excuses like lockout or could not get in etc.

That's why they had save my team.

tony73

Yer it's frustrating, our league has put $50 cash in each for prizes for the premiership. One bloke stuffed up his team before lockout rd1 and we got autofilled with a woman that started round three! She has all the premiums killing it as well as all the playing rookies and breakouts.

Most in our league will just cough up the points to her. I have her this week and I'm not going to trade any rookies or breakouts to try and beat her as its too early. Looks like I'll be 1 from 2!

Hondo71

The Herald Sun won't want to stop it because they want to keep new entrants coming as long as possible so they can show how they compare to Dream-team entrants.

For the same reason they probably wouldn't want to restrict what those new entrants can do with their team

They also don't care because those entrants won't win the $50K.

So it's probably something for the individual league organisers to address within their leage, especially if there's cash involved.

At the end of the day, those that sit on the first 3 rounds might jump on some short term form but they still have another 18 rounds to play so the expert SCers should still come out on top with the better trading decisions.

brownmans muffins

well put hondo.
we laid the rules down clearly in our cash league re teams needing to be in by Week1 lockout.
short-term form also can be a dangerous tease.

antman

hey guys I found out something interesting when I forgot I made a team with my son, I looked at it at end of r3 and we had selected all bar one player but all the other players prices had changed price so instead of having 10m to spend we had 10.9m and unlimited trades.

Hitman

MY side Chuck Norris came third in weekly rankings with 2587. I tossed my side around for weeks before I nailed it on the eve of R1. Sure I've been lucky with guys like Houlihan, Skippy and Higgins but hey, if anyone on this site didn't have them, you'd be ignoring the tide. Whats really steams me is that partially completed sides (read 29 players selected) sit there until R3 and earn you cash - like the fellow blogger who had a $900K jump in his team value - thats doubley bad. If you look at the weekly top 10 SC'ers there I am third, and there are a couple of shysters in the lower part of the top 10 who have only racked up 4000+ points  - bugger this. The Sun should only allow people who've nominated their final 30. I guess it's sweet to know I beat these guys fair and square.

tony73

yep thats what happened to our 16th he didnt pick his 30th player and sat there until rd 3, we had the rules laid down but you know what tey say, you can't lead a camel to water!

dan667766

we have one in our league and he got beat this week!!! in ur league we are considering this player a bye. we also give him heaps on the message board aswell.

Prospector_1