Shortlisted, Could Be Good
0 (0%)
Upgrade Target, He'll Fall
0 (0%)
50/50, We'll See
0 (0%)
Unlikely, Would Need A Miracle
2 (66.7%)
Hell No, Why Would He Come Into Consideration?
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Justin Bieber

Summary: Ivan Maric
Team: Adelaide                     Birthdate: 4 Jan 1986
Height: 198cm                      Weight: 102kg
Recruited: Calder Cannons   State: VIC
Games: 77                            Goals: 26 

Who would think to look at a soon to be 25 year old Ruckman playing for a young team? Ruckman take time to reach their peak, so by that standard, Maric is bound for a breakout season sometime soon isn't he? I've got to admit he could be a smokie. His DT scores this season haven't set the world on fire (highest being 91 and 80) and is generally very mediocore with many scores in the 40-60 range. This probably means not much of a fantasy ruck option for DT.

Maric is quite a solid player. He's not great but he's far from bad. He is a typical tap ruckman but has been working on his overall game more recently. He gets 10+ possessions almost every game along with his usually 10-25 hitouts. He can go forward occasionally and kick some goals, with 26 to date. He chips in with 2-3 tackles most games which is pretty good for a ruckman when most of them are fairly slow. I want to highlight a round 11 game against Fremantle though: 16 hit outs and 13 disposals plus 7 tackles. I mean 7 tackles for a ruckman is pretty stunning in this fast paced game. Although this only produced a score of 77, I've got to say it impressed me as it showed he can play, just not from a DT perspective.

The Crystal Ball:
Based on m0nty's fanplanner
Price: $247,200
Position: Ruck

If from what he's shown is his DT capabilities, don't think he's worth the price. Many will go either A lock and forget combo or a bargain ruck combo or a 50/50 split between the two. Surely Petrie is more highly fancied as a cheap ruckman.

Decision:
I really like the guy. But I'm one usually for a set and forget pair so I don't like his chances. He's an unlikely for the DT version of the game as I don't think he'll get much better with Jacobs coming to Adelaide to take some time off him.

Fletch74

Unlikely as I have my Rucks set with Sandilands and Petrie