Shortlisted, Could Be Good
1 (20%)
Upgrade Target, He'll Fall
0 (0%)
50/50, We'll See
1 (20%)
Unlikely, Would Need A Miracle
3 (60%)
Hell No, Why Would He Come Into Consideration?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Justin Bieber

Summary: Sam Shaw
Team: Adelaide                          Birthdate: 5 Apr 1991
Height: 191cm                           Weight: 82kg
Recruited: Oakleigh Chargers    State: VIC

Wouldn't be suprised if nobody has heard of this guy. Yet to play a senior game so is still counted as a rookie in AFL terms. Pick #45 in the 2009 NAB AFL Draft, is a fairly agile defender. Over the past year has packed on some muscles (Upwards of 5kg) to make him an even better backman. He is fairly strong overhead so should get marks if given the chance. The main aspect of his game though, is his speed and agility to help him play on both tall and small forwards. This speed can also allow him to run off half back depending on the position he plays. I believe he can play in any defensive position with his speed and now built strength.

The question is will he get games next season. I would hope that he does. I think he could be quite a talent for the Crows with age still there. If given experience, could turn into a very solid backman for them who is very versatile down back. However, does have some competition for his spot in the lineup against the likes of Phil Davis, Daniel Talia, Andy Otten, Will Young and Rory Sloane also pushing for selection. Although I think he is ahead of the last two mentioned, still will find it hard to get games.

The Crystal Ball:
Based on m0nty's fanplanner
Price: $84,200
Position: Defender

Decision:
If Craig puts some faith into Shaw, I think it will work well for him and the Crows in the long run. Shaw is a type of player than can add to a backline and turn into quite a building block for a defence. As we don't know if he will get games yet, he is surely shortlisted for me. If certain to start early, I think he'll move into my bench down back.

browny_wce

the forgotten Shaw brother??  ;)

Justin Bieber

Only if he were related, could've gotten him some more games for the name ;D.

Junktimer

very nice HP, bringing the DT P&T boards to life!

Justin Bieber

Thanks. Thought since I had the time tonight might as well get a few up to hopefully start some much needed discussion ;D.

Fletch74

I'll put him down as 50/50 just because as you said HP, I haven't heard of him and need to see him before I would consider him.

Justin Bieber

Many don't know him. He's a smokie to get a backline spot at Adelaide as I guess he can play a KPP spot or be used as a dasher off half back.

You've really got all the threads last night started Fletch ;).

Cruiseon

Neil Craig, like Ross Lyon, doesn't tend to show faith in young players like say the Pies, Swans and inevitably Melbourne & Richmond have done.

I'll steer clear of Crow rookies until 1'm 110% sure.