Shortlisted, Could Be Good
0 (0%)
Upgrade Target, He'll Fall
3 (60%)
50/50, We'll See
0 (0%)
Unlikely, Would Need A Miracle
2 (40%)
Hell No, Why Would He Come Into Consideration?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Justin Bieber

Summary: Simon Black
Team: Brisbane                   Birthdate: 3 Apr 1979
Height: 186cm                     Weight: 82kg
Recruited: East Fremantle   State: WA
Games: 237                         Goals: 124 

The highly regarded verteran is embarking into his 14th season in the Lion's midfield. At the age of 31 right now (32 next season) he is surely past his Brownlow winning best and probably his fantasy peak. However, being the ball magnet that he is, no doubt he is still one of the best in the business. Although he is still one of the focal points in the Lion's midfield and should still see him score fairly well on a regular basis.

Sherman, Brennan and Rischitelli leaving could open up more room for Black to increase his DT scores once again. He racks up 25+ possessions on a regular basis, so he can really be a great unqiue option. Fairly consistent with scores over 90 (and 5 tons in 18 games is alright) but can occasionally pull a 70 game.

Just an interesting fact to note. Although he will be turning 32 next season, going on recent trends, he shows no sign of stopping his DT scoring!! His 2010 average of 91.7 is the highest it's been since the year of the Lion's first of it's Three-peat, 2001!!!! Surely this means he might have another year or two of solid footy left in him. And I might add he is pretty durable.

The Crystal Ball:
Based on m0nty's fanplanner
Price: $392,100
Position: Midfielder

Usually fairly consistent with his 90+ scores which could make him good value with that price with a few tons to throw in every now and again. Might be on the decline but reckon he should still be serviceable for another season or so with that price.

Decision:
I'm going to have to say unlikely for me to start with him. Although I love watching Black play, I think he is bound for a slide eventually. Age is against him but could be a solid upgrade target if scoring well during the year as he shouldn't slide too much. He's still a Star at Brisbane so would still expect a 90+ average at a minimum. The Lion's exodus could play in his favor with more points to score being the guy to pass to or could be the guy to get the tag even more now.

Fletch74

I've listed him as an Upgrade Target, but I think that is even unlikely as I think he's too old and will have patches of form, but they won't be sustained long enought to warrant selection.

Cruiseon

Despite all he has achieved he is such an underrated player, right up there with Voss & Aker in his prime, a genuine Champion. It is just a shame that age will rule him out on my teams. Maybe, like Adam Goodes at the end of the year if all is going well he could be an upgrade target but the common sense approach overriding the heart is to say no.  :'(

SydneyRox

Sorry to say it about such a good player, but no. I have lost the faith.

McRooster

With the amount of Lions leaving the den this year there will be no-one to take the tag ahead of him, let alone set blocks or understand how he runs off and receives the ball. He will be forced into a handball game as he goes looking for the ball in and under, rather than having it come to him - not DT friendly.

Justin Bieber

True Roost, but I believe Power or Rich are capable of drawing a tag. Both can be very damaging if left unaccountable. So this makes Black a little more of a prospect but not by much ;).

Hawka

hmm probaly t old to consider but mayb a upgrade target

bomberboy0618

elephants

Boomz

Age is against him and not enough quality mids around him... Unlikely.