Travis Boak

Started by maanco, December 15, 2010, 12:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maanco

Travis Boak

2010 Stats

Birth-date:1 Aug 1988 (23 by the end of the 2011 season)
Games: 20
Total Score: 1,898 (Ranked th overall 45)
Average Score: 94.9
High: 148(Round 22 Richmound)
Low:  56(Round 8, Carlton)
Centuries: 7 out of 20(5*90+)
High Price: 403k (round 12)
Low Price: 350k (round 19)

What the coaches said:

"Boaky is one of our most important players. He’s a real leader and very driven. He’s determined to be one of the best midfielders in the competition and he’s certainly on his way. He has the ability to win the ball around stoppages and applies defensive pressure on the opposition. He has an enormous work rate and averages a high number of kicks inside 50. Towards the end of the season he started kicking goals too, so we expect him to develop into one of the better midfielders in the competition."
(http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/104119/default.aspx)

Why he missed matches in 2010:

In round 14 boak was ruled out of Port's clash with Fremantle at subi, due to a niggling groin injury.
(http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/boak-loses-groin-battle-94179)
and did not play in round 16 against the bulldogs in Darwin because of a virus (http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/boak-blow-for-port-94979)

Summary:
In 2010, Boak had a pretty good year improving on his avg of 90.3 to 94.9 managing to score a 85 against one of the AFL's best taggers(Jones). he should will sill score ok)

after mark Williams left port Boaks DT started dropping off a bit (you should expect that when theirs a change of leadership though) but by the end off the season he was scoring his best scores(last 3 rds avg 118) under Matthew Primus.

Although Boak is an improving Mid all of his teammates around him are getting older and slower(Cornes boys, Cassisi). which may make it harder for boak to break the tag.

He has never played a full season but in 2010 he manged a Personal best of 20 games.

Crystall ball:

Monty's fanplaner: $405,400
Position: MID
Byes: 12/18

I believe Boak will improve on his 2010 avg to about 105. He has been in the AFL for about 5 seasons no and i seams like he is a strong trainer. But, i wouldn't expect him to play the full 22 games. Could be a good unique!

Decision:

Boak has a good work ethic and is good at collecting stats atm i have him listed in my team because of when his byes are and because he should improve and is in the right price bracket to fit in my team.

How do you think Boak will go in 2011?

Justin Bieber

Nice write up and research maanco :).

Past few seasons, everybody has looked at him to breakout. But he's slowly gotten better.

I've got to say, he's on my shortlist. I think he could really step up but getting a tag is worrying for me to take him. He has the talent but can he utilise it enough for him to become a dead set premium? I'm not entirely sure just yet. Needs a better crew around him to do so I think.

maanco

thanks hello

yer im not to sure about the tag either but he still manages to avg 6.1 tackles a game even when he is tagged.

Junktimer

very comprehensive write up.  it's a maybe from me.

elephants

agreed fantastic write up :) he will be a great unique but i think i will pass on him :)

McRooster

Powers mid set up worries me regarding picking up Travis. They have too many receivers ala Kane Cornes and won't have the Rodan style of player to break open the lines and allow Boak to have a strong infuence.
Cassisi may be a better option as he is a possession magnet and tackle machine.

RiOtChEsS

i think he is better suited for SC... that said probably wont make my team in either DT or SC just doesnt fit my strategy for world domination 8)

PowerMan

This year will be Travis Boak's year.

Surprised many with the amount of brownlow votes he got last year in a losing team. With a few more wins from the power could make him genuine threat for that medal.

Must have IMO if you want to go for the league win, as Port are the last team to have the bye 1st time around.

Barlow 21

Quote from: PowerMan on December 20, 2010, 04:17:08 PM

Surprised many with the amount of brownlow votes he got last year in a losing team. With a few more wins from the power could make him genuine threat for that medal.

Must have IMO if you want to go for the league win, as Port are the last team to have the bye 1st time around.
Had a gun start and then dropped off throughout the year.

elephants

i am going to have a stab at you being a port supporter........?....... oh i am right :)

McRooster

Quote from: elephants on December 20, 2010, 11:10:36 PM

i am going to have a stab at you being a port supporter........?....... oh i am right :)
Usually LE here in SA it's the Port supporters doing the stabbing  ;)

elephants

hahahahahaha rooster :)

RiOtChEsS

PowerMan

I guess that you're an Elephant as well! SNAP

elephants

Quote from: PowerMan on December 22, 2010, 11:46:25 PM

I guess that you're an Elephant as well! SNAP

heheh not sure i follow you logic there :)