Shortlisted, Could Be Good
7 (63.6%)
Upgrade Target, He'll Fall
0 (0%)
50/50, We'll See
1 (9.1%)
Unlikely, Would Need A Miracle
0 (0%)
Hell No, Why Would He Come Into Consideration?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Justin Bieber

Summary: Brodie Smith
Team: Adelaide                                   Birthdate: 14 Jan 1992
Height: 189cm                                     Weight: 79kg
Recruited: Woodville West Torrens     State: SA

The #14 pick from the 2010 AFL NAB Draft, Brodie Smith. Where do I start...... I can say he wasn't a bad choice that early. He is a medium sized midfielder who actually played the majority of his games in the SANFL (with Woodville West Torrens) at Half Back Flank. He is an excellent runner which I suppose let them use his pace to run out of half back. Combined with his excellent endurance, could make for one hell of a breakaway Flanker or even Winger. In a time where pace is almost everything in AFL, Smith will more than certainly fill a speed gap at Adelaide. He can run and carry the ball well and evades tackles with ease. He prefers to handball than kick though which dampers his DT scoring ability.

Adelaide could have chosen a potential long term Captain for their growing side. Smith happened to be the Captain of South Australia at the 2010 Under 18 Championships in which he was given All Australian Honours.

The Crystal Ball:
Based on m0nty's fanplanner
Price: $132,200
Position: Midfielder

With a higher price to pay for rookies chosen in the first round, will make it interesting to see how people go about their midfield rookies. He is priced $50k more than other rookies who could potentially pull in similar numbers.

Decision:
I'll keep him as shortlisted for now. With the Adelaide Veteran exodus, I wouldn't be suprised if he came in and played all 22 games next season. However, his price tag is a little put off compared to some of the rookies who are much lower in price. However, playing for Adelaide could boost his scores as most of the higher scoring players have left and need to be replaced.

Fletch74

Yep, shortlisted here too. First rounder, will look at him in the pre-season.

browny_wce

SydneyRox

Yeah, on the radar, but his extra price might cause me to go a straight rookie instead.

McRooster

Woodville-West Torrens (Eagles) have a strong heritage of providing a strong culture of AFL representation from a young age, I like Brodies chances  ;)

pyronerd

shortlisted, i imagine that he will get a lot of games and should get some valuable points

Junktimer

Quote from: McRooster on December 15, 2010, 11:07:50 PM
Woodville-West Torrens (Eagles) have a strong heritage of providing a strong culture of AFL representation from a young age, I like Brodies chances  ;)

roost they must have had a strong young side this year eh?

polec, smith and others all from there.

McRooster

Last year I went to a game and I'm pretty sure Welsh, Biglands, Banner, Broadbent, Petrenko, Knights, Jacky, Hentschel, Salter, Vince, Schulz, Polec and Smith were listed.
The only reason they don't win more flags in the SANFL is simply stability, so many guys have played AFL from a young age from their lists......one other bloke used to play there too - Matthew Pavlich!

MajorLazer

That would've been a very strong side. :o

McRooster

Welsh kicked 4, Schulz 3, Salter 2, Banner and Luke Jarrad 1.

My boys got done by 11 goals  :'(

Not all those players I listed played but were in the mix .

Junktimer

Quote from: McRooster on December 15, 2010, 11:54:17 PM

roost who do you support in the SANFL?

McRooster

Quote from: Junktimer on December 15, 2010, 11:56:15 PM
Quote from: McRooster on December 15, 2010, 11:54:17 PM

roost who do you support in the SANFL?
Seriously JT?

Junktimer

McRooster

North Adelaide aka Roosters  ;)

Junktimer

ah silly me.

i admit i dont really know the SANFL that well, am raised in Melbourne!

I probably would go for Glenelg because we got Gibbsy and Kernahan from there