Gotta Have Him
11 (61.1%)
50/50
6 (33.3%)
Not This Season
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 3

RiOtChEsS

What do our forum members think of the big dinosaur from freo this season... im thinking of passing on him this year bcos i have a gut feeling he wont stay healthy

cons: knee injury late last year pushing 30

pros: averages 12 points more than the next best ruckman

where do u sit on the big sandilands seesaw

ossie85

Get him. If he gets injured, simply trade him for ANY OTHER ruckmen. Really a win-win.

pyronerd

Quote from: ossie85 on December 14, 2010, 11:16:40 AM

Get him. If he gets injured, simply trade him for ANY OTHER ruckmen. Really a win-win.
+1 and if he does get injured trading for another will free more money for upgrades somewhere else  :P

RiOtChEsS

sounds good... do u think freo will play him in the preseason cup to give us an idea of how the knee is going? i cant remember if they play him in those

brodman_18

I will be trying the bargain ruck this year. Haven't settled on who yet but wil be saving money here and getting an extra prem mid

Barlow 21

Quote from: ossie85 on December 14, 2010, 11:16:40 AM

+1

MiGZ

One of those mid priced ruckmen are going to have another breakout and at least equal Sandilands output next season and with less chance of injury, take a closer look at Mumford, Goldstein, Luenberger and even Graham...plus Kruezer if hes fit to go round 1. The plus side for Sandy is that he now has a full time back up ruckman in Griffen which should take the load off his knees, but will this affect his scoring?

RiOtChEsS

Luey is shortlisted for sure... couple of games he played last year he showed massive potential

SydneyRox

You simply cant not have him. Unless he is limping into round one he is the first locked in.

Justin Bieber

I've got Ryder locked in (need 1 bombers player).

Could go with Sandi as well for a lock and loaded combo. Or go with cheaper rucks like Hmac, Petrie or evenm Kruez. Not sure yet but leaning to get him and Paddy to start the year off.

browny_wce

yeh thinking of maybe trying someone different
I know he was injured for most of it but his finish to the year was not great, its just with such a huge frame, injury concerns worry me
Also I really believe that Griffin is gonna get alot of playing time, be more of a mobile ruckman, think Freo need to put alot of game-time and confidence into Griff if their gonna take the next step (god save me if they do!)
Would be just as happy with a lone ruck duo for DT
Hmac and Goldy will steal points off one another + the addition of Petrie
Ryder or Hille could be good goers, and had an eye on Luey as Clark would play majoritly forward or random midfield roles again  ??? (we hope not) and the fact that Charman is way out of the picture, so Luey could be a great buy
fortune favours the brave

Justin Bieber

That's why I'm weary of Hmac. Burned me this season.

Cox could find his way in my team if NicNat is used more as a Half Forward Flanker and a part time ruck.

Rucks are really undecided :(. Sandi might just get the gig if nobody else can be found ;D.

SydneyRox

The difference with Sandi, as it was with Cox a few years back, he is a go to player for the dockers, which is why he always scores well. His body struggled late last year, but he will have extra help this year, like browny has said.
I am not sure but in freos case the sub player rule should benefit Sandi, who could spend a lot of time resting in the forward line instead of the bench.

pyronerd

Quote from: SydneyRox on December 14, 2010, 02:50:35 PM
You simply cant not have him. Unless he is limping into round one he is the first locked in.
+1

McRooster

You can't have Sandilands and Petrie without Sandilands  ;)