Main Menu

Reesbr and CC rebuilding

Started by reesbr, December 13, 2010, 05:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex7089

I see where you are coming from Shaggy.
But, I still think that say 3 guys at 10k wages a week (3 at least needed to make a serious difference on league finish) that is costing 140k a player each season and over all 420k a season, now in Div 4 between the two leagues I doubt those 3 players would do enough to make up 420k in prize money and they aren't good enough to get them the promote.

There is a definite argument for both sides though, admittedly it could go either way, you have to be a smart manager and good with money to pull it off.

DazBurg

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on December 13, 2010, 11:44:12 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on December 13, 2010, 11:42:54 PM
Ax is right think about it they sell there teams off and buy 12 twenty year olds if they all have a wage of around 3.500k that equals 42k a week CC is in div 3
we all in scotland are getting div 4 money and sponsorship alone is 79,223
but he'd get more so his making at least 40k a week without one game on top of the at least 3 mil combined he will get from sales

But he wont promote with those 20yos but most likely to relegate thus losing any benefit from selling them Daz.
good point shaggy
not really sure on this one i see the upside and see the downside either way it is a bold move to be making

Alex7089

At least they are being bold, doing something, instead of sitting back and watching their teams do the same thing each week. They obviously couldn't find a way to get better, to take the next step, so they are coming at it from a different angle.

DazBurg

Quote from: Alex7089 on December 13, 2010, 11:49:47 PM
At least they are being bold, doing something, instead of sitting back and watching their teams do the same thing each week. They obviously couldn't find a way to get better, to take the next step, so they are coming at it from a different angle.
thats true we all strive to get good and they probably got to the point where they couldn't really improve taking the fun away from the game the excitement of bettering your side and this way they get to start that excitement again ;)

8-6 Suited

But this approach they are taking will take 4 seasons to get those 16yo's they intend to buy to their 20s before they have a chance to pull it off. That is where the issues arise. It's not just losses for 1 season but over multiple ones in which they will relegate eventually with poor senior teams thus losing any monetary advantage when they are where they want to be, placing them in this exact situation once again.

When they get their deluxe academies if they can make it there, its around 100-200k per week investment needed and in lower divisions, you cant maintain that... No one can for extended periods of time. In order to build back up to the higher value you need stars in your seniors.

Just a round a bout circle.

Justin Bieber

I agree with both of you. The upsides means you can sustain a side without buying players. Downside is, you'll suffer short term and for a few seasons.

It's good but have to be smart about it. I'm pretty sure they can pull it off and is a long term plan.

Alex7089

Except those will be really good 20 year olds and those 20 year olds will still be good until they are at least 27 by which time the deluxe youth academy will have brought through someone to replace them.
Also in those 7 seasons of 20 year old domination you could work your way up to Div 1.1 which can maintain the academy.

Shaggy, this game is a bit of a roundabout circle, you can buy players and not quite reach the heights (what most do) or this where it takes forever but you go a step further.

As Daz & HP said there is an argument for both.

valkorum

The way I see it is that they will suffer for 4 seasons for the 16 year olds to become 20 and promote to the senior side.  If they get 11 great players then they can get 10 years of those players - more than enough time to cover the 4 seasons of losses. 

If they can play most of the youths in the senior side as well the experience would be enormous for them.  If they get 1 or 2 U-19 Nats in that group as well then that will be great for that player as well.

reesbr

I will be keeping a couple of my regular seniors and the rest will be going

reesbr

Here we go guys. I have a lot of good players there and are cheap at the moment

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/seniors.htm?teamId=1418

Barlow 21

roo boys!

Quote from: reesbr on December 14, 2010, 11:20:32 AM
Here we go guys. I have a lot of good players there and are cheap at the moment

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/seniors.htm?teamId=1418
Who is your keeper batsman?

reesbr