Pav or Buddy --> Harvey?

Started by evawes1, April 21, 2009, 01:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evawes1

I dont want to flog a dead horse too much, cause a lot is being said about the current underperforming forward lines in the comp....

However, I have both Pav and Buddy and think that I want to get out of one of these guys and into Harvey. On the cheap. Soon.

I'm getting a lot of mixed opinions about the 2. The way I see it, Freo have sucked for a few years - but Pav has continued to score big. Why is this year different? Buddy has been average so far, but Hawks are missing a good team, and so when they pick up - so will Buddy? Is the Roughhead just gonna screw things up?

I could be misguided, and Harvey will be a waste compared to these 2 - but, I dun think so. Hes due to pick it up, and the reason I'm going for him is for the better consistency.

The reason to get out of Buddy is because of his lack of consistency. The reason to get out of Pav is his crap team, and a change to his natural game this year.

Can I get some opinions on these 2, perhaps objectively - or just a whole lot of subjectives ones that i'll weigh up :)

The alternative: Deledio to Harvey. Can Deledio handle the tag this year and score it up?

Hitman

SC - I held onto Bowden, Boomer, Riewoldt and Pav last wekend and they gave me 586 pts between them and were pivotal in me racking up 2587 pts. I was considering Bowden and Boomers future, but reckoned they both had big games in them. Though late in the season - Bowden will get an extended spell I believe.

I'm worried about Pav - what does he have to play for? Not bloody much. Surrounded by spastic players, terrible coach and an inept organisation. He probably has just resigned himself to 25 touches a week and a big $$$ transfer to GC17 in the new year. Poor barbie - big Pav's been carrying that terrible team around on his back for too long.   

Prospector_1

Inclined to agree with Hitman - now watch him rack up 130 upwards to show us we're wrong. Sh*t happens!