Main Menu

Australia's Next Captain

Started by RiOtChEsS, December 10, 2010, 01:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

there is alot of discussion now about who will next captain australia... have ur say and il add others to the poll if they r not already listed
my thoughts r if its not clarke it has to be someone who isnt even in the 11 from the adelaide test...
being u guys r an intelligent opinionated bunch im really interested to see who the fan footy crew nominate as the next captain of australia :)

bomberboy0618

i want hussey, but he wont (too old), clarkes a knob, so i reckon david hussey, ferguson or white.

TheWookie

white is currently a captain of his state side yes?

Justin Bieber

bomberboy0618

Quote from: TheWookie on December 10, 2010, 01:06:57 PM
white is currently a captain of his state side yes?
yeah vic.
Edit: Damn u dom ;)

pyronerd

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on December 10, 2010, 01:04:37 PM
i want hussey, but he wont (too old), clarkes a knob, so i reckon david hussey, ferguson or white.
+1 i think white, purely because he is currently a state captain

roo boys!

I reckon Watto may have what I takes... :-\

Junktimer

i vote no one.  the sad thing is we have no one who is captaincy material in our team.

TheWookie

plus whjite is the captain of the best side in australia by the last few seasons it can't all be the other players skills though it does help lol ;D

Justin Bieber

White is a good Captain, just can't play Tests as good as others. For T20 and One Dayers, he could be quite good. I think Watson needs to be tried out before we can give it to him or rule him out.

I effectively voted for none of the above too, Tim Paine :P.

Junktimer

how can white be the captain if he cant even get a game?

Fletch74

Quote from: Junktimer on December 10, 2010, 01:13:38 PM
how can white be the captain if he cant even get a game?
Well he should get a game then ;)

HillHero13

Clarke - Shows he can't play under pressure, if he does captain and Australia lose form, he may aswel kill himself.. don't get me wrong his an awesome cricketer, not now, but when his in form his awesome.. just not captain material..

Watson - I think he is too quiet around the club, if he can become more of a leader then he might have what it takes..

Haddin - I think he could do it, maybe not he might do a Gilly role of VC, but he is a leader around the team.

Hussey - Too old..

White - He can do it, he just needs to improve in the longer version of the game and get into the Australian test squad..

Ferguson - Too quiet, doesnt look like he can captain a country, espicially when Australia is one of the best..

Johnson - If he can hit form and keep it up, i don't see why not, only if he can stay out of the headlines..

there are a few others but those are the main ones were talking about plus a few others..

Alex7089

As if White could be captain...
IMO we pick our best possible 11 and then pick a captain from them, not pick mediocre test/first class players because they can captain -_-

RiOtChEsS

it will be clarke imo bcos we have invested so much time in him and that role i think white could be the guy but we need to give him time to settle into the middle order first... watson already has enough pressure batting 1 and bowling 4 plus he cant manage his own emotions let alone other players