Main Menu

Rookie and pre season draft picks

Started by supercoach addict, December 08, 2010, 12:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supercoach addict

PRE-SEASON DRAFT

4. Michael Hibberd(appears to be a ready made player)
Club: Frankston AFL games: 0 AFL goals: 0

The pacey left-footer won the Fothergill Round Medal as VFL’s most promising player. A rebounding defender who reads the play well and can win his own ball.

ROOKIE DRAFT

12. Josh Jenkins (Lake Boga)
Towering ruckman who is very fast for his size. Plays for Lake Boga in the Central Murray Football League, where he made his senior debut at age 14.

29. Jay Neagle (Essendon)
Key forward who has has been given a second chance after being delisted last month. Has shown ability in front of goal, preparation is his biggest challenge.

46. Tyson Slattery (Essendon)
South Australian who was being groomed as a backman by the Bombers before being delisted by new coach James Hird. Showed enough as a rebounding half back to warrant a senior game this year but it was his only one.

61. James Webster (Woy Woy)
Dashing midfielder who has been tied to Essendon as a NSW scholarship player. From Terrigal on the NSW central coast and has played some senior football with the North Shore Bombers. Put in some impressive performances for the NSW-ACT Rams at the under-18 championships.

Boomz

Very happy to see Slattery get another shot as I don't think he deserved to be delisted... Neagle pfft if he comes good great but I don't think he ever will. Love Hibberd and he should play early. Jenkins will be handy if we need him but Webster will take some time.

Hawka

i rely dont no y they got neagle agian he is hopeless why didnt essendon pick sewell

HillHero13

well Hird was making
him try,

if he did good enough to come back, then he
must be pretty fit..

Hird would not hav given Neagle another chance so he must be coming good..

MTTY

Hibberd and Jenkins should be good for the dons

cookie311993

some good players there hopefully a bright future for the Dons

Luigi197

ELLsendon

Fletch74

Quote from: ELLsendon on February 07, 2011, 09:20:48 PM
Heppell played for frankston?

:)
No that was Hibberd. Heppell played for Gippsland Power