Skipworth out problem?

Started by Blueboys, April 21, 2009, 09:19:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueboys

I read that Skipworth will be out for 3 weeks. So I see a lot of people with him in and wondering what to do?

I have Skipworth in my team and Garlett and J Grant from the bulldogs on the bench. I also have an extra 133k. I am not sure if either bench players will play again but feel Garlett maybe the better of the 2.

So should I Trade Grant for Michell  Brown/Taylor Walker   
                    or
Trade Skipworth for a 440k player?

What will every 1 who has skipworth do, trade or bench him until his back?

Heater

I would keep Skippy.  He'll come straight back into that side and he won't lose value when his injured.  Definately get Brown or Walker though as it sounds like you'll need a back up for Skippy.

MaqAttaq

Skippy was always an upgrade target for me. I am toying with the idea of trading out Robinson to pick up Barham and use that money to upgrade Skippy to a premium player

I can do that this week and reap the reward the new premium player will give me.

OR

Sit tight and wait for Robinson to go up in price - say another $10K at best and missed out on the score by the premium player when I will do the trade anyway.

If I don't trade and bench Skippy (av 85). I have Walker and Brown on the bench averaging 50'ish.

Skippy comes back and has minimal upside (chances are he'll prove me wrong).

So you'll miss out on all the points for the next 3 weeks. But you'll save a trade and some money.

brownmans muffins

even if he was playing this week i was likely to trade him out for a big-time forward who's dropped a bit in price & may not go lower for some time.
that will eat up a lot of my $300k+ in the bank.

having skip out now makes the decision a no-brainer. i like them.

Hitman

I'm thinking of a double trade - Skipworth and the poor performing Mackie out for Grimes and Chappy down forward. I racked up 2587 pts on the weekend and  got real close to the money - think that Chappy can get me there (maybe?)

evawes1

I think I'm going for the double trade after round 5. I think its time for Stephen Hill to go (or Cheney if he plays), and trade down to Barham - or else, another equivalent trade around the place.

Then use that to upgrade Skip to Riewoldt, Harvey or something.

I agree that the forward guns are way down, and won't be here for that long. I'm trading him out because I'm risk averse right now.

Hitman

Skippy has given a lot of SC'ers a real headache. A solution would be to see if Laids picks Ben warren this selection to cover the injured Matty Campbell, who like Skippy has a hammy.

He's $94K and would do the job (50 - 80 per) whilst Campbells out then bring Skippy back into your 22 once the Campbell/Skippy hammy are over. They did their hammys within an hour of each other so you'd take a punt that they recover in the same timeframe.  The kids alright and as a benefit you'd keep him as a cheap bench forward for cover duties or cash him in. Thats all up to Laids though.

Watto

Quote from: Hitman on April 22, 2009, 09:29:50 AM
Thats all up to Laids though.

And Laids is the devil for Fantasy Footballers

ronl

speaking of the devil when is he ever going to play Grima, I'm starting to get impatient

dan667766

BigClarko

Laidley is a prick when it comes to SC youngsters - If Jack Grimes plays this week he is a monty - I would upsize Skippy for sure Rioli is 440k wait fro Deledio he will turn the corner and Boomer is a steal at 520k