Ongoing Updating draft for my team. PLEASE rate :)

Started by Luigi197, December 04, 2010, 02:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Luigi197

Quote from: Junktimer on December 07, 2010, 12:08:17 AM
Quote from: Luigi197 on December 04, 2010, 02:18:05 PM
Hey people, this is my current updated team for the Pizza-Boys. Rate my team out of 10 please :) This is my updated draft with the fanplanner so feel free to criticise. I didnt know much about the rookies so forgive me about them and give me improvements please :D the current set up is 12/4/9/8 with $10,500 in the bank.

BACKS: Goddard, Hodge, Deledio, Gilbee, Otten, Heppel, Smedts
(Watson, Mzungu, Richardson)
MIDFIELDERS: Swan, Judd, Montagna, Bartel, D Swallow, Gaff
(Pitt, Krakeour, Hallahan)
RUCKS: Sandilands, Mumford
(T Mcdonald, Z Smith)
FORWARDS: Riewoldt, Didak, Pavlich, Petterd, Petrie, Prestia, I Smith
(Lamb, Darling, T Lynch)

thanks!

Good team. Just a few issues i want to address.

1. Billie Smedts is a young KPP utility who plays for geelong, I don't think he will play much next year for that reason.  I would be much more inclined to get ben jacobs, josh toy or michael coad.

2. I would avoid Jimmy Bartel, he is inconsistent and quite expensive, i would choose somebody else or downgrade him to liam anthony and then upgrade elsewhere.

3. Instead of Pitt go somebody like Wallis or Atley.

4. Mummy has had surgery, will have an interrupted pre season, i would be much more inclined to go with Jolly.

5. Trade Petterd for Knights.

6. Your forward line may be a bit weak, only 3 premiums, i would take out a midfield premium and replace there.

7. Get rid of Tom Lynch, KPP, expensive, get matera instead.

Overall a good team, 8.5/10

Thanks JT, very good reply. I put all those points into consideration though i dont see why no7 is neccassery or why it should be done... ???

And who should i trade Bartel for? a solid mid-pricer? and then which Premium could then replace Petrie with the extra money from the Bartel trade?

Thanks, Luigi

Junktimer

I dont think Tom Lynch will play much next year as big boys take time.

I reckon trading bartel for liam anthony could be a good move.

Luigi197

k thanks for that JT

btw who's better, iles or toy???

Junktimer

Quote from: Luigi197 on December 07, 2010, 06:49:07 PM
k thanks for that JT

btw who's better, iles or toy???

i would go toy, but there is also a big case for iles, he won their b&f in VFL this year.  only reason i am not sure about him is because he failed on his AFL career the first time round...

Luigi197

is it worth downgrading Otten to a rookie, but otherwise i need to downgrade Otten to someone about 30k less so i can afford a really good forward

MajorLazer

You could downgrade Montagna or Bartel to Foley or Harris.

That would free up some money.

Luigi197

Quote from: MajorLazer on December 07, 2010, 07:04:15 PM
You could downgrade Montagna or Bartel to Foley or Harris.

That would free up some money.

so instead of L Anthony then? yea good plan, if u r saying Foley is good. i went with him. reasons for Foley??

MajorLazer

Foley has been a proven scorer but had injuries last season that he has gotten over.

Anthony is good as well. You could choose either.

Luigi197

who is the best forward to go to that i dont have and that is not chapman (cant afford him), but i can afford anyone else. i.e. Franklin, Harvey, Brown, Rioli, Thomas, J Reiwoldt

MajorLazer

I think Rioli will be good because he will be playing in the midfield next season and can kick goals and gets tackles.

Bit of a biased opinion but he's a freak.

Luigi197

Quote from: MajorLazer on December 07, 2010, 07:18:06 PM
I think Rioli will be good because he will be playing in the midfield next season and can kick goals and gets tackles.

true that, anyone else got any ideas??

and also, should i be touching otten still, if i did rioli i would have 90k to spend..

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Luigi197 on December 07, 2010, 07:19:32 PM
Quote from: MajorLazer on December 07, 2010, 07:18:06 PM

true that, anyone else got any ideas??

and also, should i be touching otten still, if i did rioli i would have 90k to spend..
A wise man once told me I should have bout 50k to spend, aim for that. I eventually beat that wise man in sc ;)

Luigi197

TEAM EDITED :D
still check on my rookie selection and anything else worth criticising... :P

MajorLazer

Not sure about Hallahan. Don't see him playing in a hawks midfield with Hodge, Mitchell, Sewell, Burgoyne and Rioli.

Wallis is a better pick even though he's a bit more cash.