Ongoing Updating draft for my team. PLEASE rate :)

Started by Luigi197, December 04, 2010, 02:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luigi197

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on December 06, 2010, 09:31:26 PM
Quote from: Luigi197 on December 06, 2010, 09:27:58 PM
thanks for the feedback guys, I'm really loving it.

i was always a bit wary of my rookie and mid-price selections.
I just need to know who everyone thinks are like the best 3-6 midpricers and the best rookies to have because of talent and game-time, but as usual, u can sometimes never know about a rookies or even a mid-pricers form... only time will tell....

i think my team is averaging like 9.25 or something thanks to BB's and Barlow's 9.5 :D
No probs ;)
How will we decide luigi?
You know what i mean ;)

BB we'll talk about that later in the future, not yet tho ;)

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Luigi197 on December 06, 2010, 09:40:21 PM
Quote from: bomberboy0618 on December 06, 2010, 09:31:26 PM
Quote from: Luigi197 on December 06, 2010, 09:27:58 PM
thanks for the feedback guys, I'm really loving it.

i was always a bit wary of my rookie and mid-price selections.
I just need to know who everyone thinks are like the best 3-6 midpricers and the best rookies to have because of talent and game-time, but as usual, u can sometimes never know about a rookies or even a mid-pricers form... only time will tell....

i think my team is averaging like 9.25 or something thanks to BB's and Barlow's 9.5 :D
No probs ;)
How will we decide luigi?
You know what i mean ;)

BB we'll talk about that later in the future, not yet tho ;)
ah ok ;)

DazBurg

ahhh BB glad i'm not the only one who seriously doubts petterd  ;)

and yeah i agree Boomz is essentially a 2nd year player which usually are a no go zone

McRooster

Luigi, I like your team.
Definately better than my pathetic attempt of trying to adapt a DT squad into SC.
St. Kilda are one of the three teams that are involved in the rnd 4 SC comp bye and you have 3 Saints on field as players. Perhaps upgrade to one of these after this bye round or even wait until rnd7 or 8 (catch them as they depreciate and hold onto more than the 10.5k you've got left). You have plenty of depth in the middle so maybe ditch Joey (upgrade to later) and grab another cheap solid MPP (Foley or look for Harris to be named MPP).
I've got a feeling Krakouer will play early as Malthouse eases his guns back from their late finish to 2010, keep steady points coming in for you and he will be a cash cow.
You will have to also be wary of having though three Pies on field then, however Pies are not involved in any of the 5 SC comp bye rounds and you can always use Harris or Foley (if you get him over Joey).

8.5 out of 10 (.5 off for low bank balance, .5 off for too many players from one side and .5 off for fwd point scoring capacity -Petterd?)

Luigi197

Ok guys thank for the feedback so far. So far the key points are:

1. Rookie Selection, making sure they play and will get decent points.
2. Having too many players from the one team which would affect the team dramatically with the byes.
3. Otten and Petterd, find better alternatives at the same price.
4. Making sure my forwards will score goals.
5. Mumford:: injury or too expensive.
6. Need more money in the bank.

1. Who are the best rookies that you reckon will play and get really good points?? (like M Barlow 2010!!)
2. Which club byes will affect my team ALOT??
3. What are some good alternatives for Otten and Petterd at the same price and position?
4. Who are the premiums or slightly less premiums that will no doubt kick lots of goals for their club, even mid-pricers?
5: Should i trade Mumford out for Jolly NOW?
6. Are there any premiums that are a half-waste and that could be downgraded not only for money but for better points aswell??

Thanks soo much for the feedback everyone!!! (and btw, the real average is like 8.72 / 10 ! I'm happy with that, hopefully that'll improve even more!

Luis  :D

bomberboy0618

Mumford to jolly now luigi, jolly will be a consistent performer.

MajorLazer

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on December 06, 2010, 10:21:39 PM
Mumford to jolly now luigi, jolly will be a consistent performer.
Yer I reckon that also, but Mumford is more unique.

I really like the team. 9/10.
Will look at it closely when I have time.

Justin Bieber

Looks good.
No MPP use is interesting......
Strong premiums. Midfield probably the Strongest Point by Far.
I'm very cautious on Mummy as now he has to play alongside Seaby once again. Having his time cut could hurt him.
Forward line is a tad weak but this is due to the Pricey GUNS bought elsewhere.

Luigi197

I didnt really worry about MPP use since i will see wat it wil actually be on SC wen it releases again.
i guess its a definite yes to switch Mummy to Jolly,
and that last comment "Forward line is a tad weak but this is due to the Pricey GUNS bought elsewhere": is that a problem HP?

and did u check out that list i made for improvements further up, check on it if u can :P :)

Justin Bieber

A bit of a compliment but a little flaw. Having the pricey Guns are great but having 4 cheap guys in the forwards is alright I guess (upgrades on the Inconsistent ones). Petrie can be a premium if he gets going but I am not sold on Petterd like BB.

But that's just me.

Luigi197

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 06, 2010, 11:20:15 PM
A bit of a compliment but a little flaw. Having the pricey Guns are great but having 4 cheap guys in the forwards is alright I guess (upgrades on the Inconsistent ones). Petrie can be a premium if he gets going but I am not sold on Petterd like BB.

But that's just me.

yup.. kk fair enough

Luigi197

BUT CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHO TO SWAP PETTERD AND OTTEN FOR AS  I SAID IN THAT LONG DETAILED POST I WROTE before!!!?

oopps.. soz for caps lock :-[

Junktimer

Quote from: Luigi197 on December 04, 2010, 02:18:05 PM
Hey people, this is my current updated team for the Pizza-Boys. Rate my team out of 10 please :) This is my updated draft with the fanplanner so feel free to criticise. I didnt know much about the rookies so forgive me about them and give me improvements please :D the current set up is 12/4/9/8 with $10,500 in the bank.

BACKS: Goddard, Hodge, Deledio, Gilbee, Otten, Heppel, Smedts
(Watson, Mzungu, Richardson)
MIDFIELDERS: Swan, Judd, Montagna, Bartel, D Swallow, Gaff
(Pitt, Krakeour, Hallahan)
RUCKS: Sandilands, Mumford
(T Mcdonald, Z Smith)
FORWARDS: Riewoldt, Didak, Pavlich, Petterd, Petrie, Prestia, I Smith
(Lamb, Darling, T Lynch)

thanks!

Good team. Just a few issues i want to address.

1. Billie Smedts is a young KPP utility who plays for geelong, I don't think he will play much next year for that reason.  I would be much more inclined to get ben jacobs, josh toy or michael coad.

2. I would avoid Jimmy Bartel, he is inconsistent and quite expensive, i would choose somebody else or downgrade him to liam anthony and then upgrade elsewhere.

3. Instead of Pitt go somebody like Wallis or Atley.

4. Mummy has had surgery, will have an interrupted pre season, i would be much more inclined to go with Jolly.

5. Trade Petterd for Knights.

6. Your forward line may be a bit weak, only 3 premiums, i would take out a midfield premium and replace there.

7. Get rid of Tom Lynch, KPP, expensive, get matera instead.

Overall a good team, 8.5/10

Barlow 21

Quote from: Luigi197 on December 06, 2010, 11:23:10 PM
BUT CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHO TO SWAP PETTERD AND OTTEN FOR AS  I SAID IN THAT LONG DETAILED POST I WROTE before!!!?

oopps.. soz for caps lock :-[
Swap Petterd for Knights.[ADE] and Otten for rookie maybe. 8)

Boomz

I'm a fan of Petterd & would keep him but thats just me & i feel Knights is more suited to DT but will be a good cash cow...