Ongoing Updating draft for my team. PLEASE rate :)

Started by Luigi197, December 04, 2010, 02:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luigi197

Hey people, this is my current updated team for the Pizza-Boys. Rate my team out of 10 please :) This is my updated draft with the fanplanner so feel free to criticise. I didnt know much about the rookies so forgive me about them and give me improvements please :D The current set up is 12/4/7/10 with $38,000 in the bank.

BACKS: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Gilbee, Otten, Jacobs, Richardson
(X Clarke, Hibberd, Toy)
MIDFIELDERS: Swan, Judd, Hodge, Higgins, D Swallow, Gaff
(Heppel, Mzungu, Krakeour)
RUCKS: Sandilands, Jolly
(M Bailey, Z Smith)
FORWARDS: Riewoldt, Didak, Pavlich, Rioli, Knights, Prestia, T Lynch
(I Smith, Darling, McNiel)

Thanks, Luigi :)

MTTY

Quote from: Luigi197 on December 04, 2010, 02:18:05 PM
Hey people, this is my current updated team for the Pizza-Boys. Rate my team out of 10 please :) This is my updated draft with the fanplanner so feel free to criticise. I didnt know much about the rookies so forgive me about them and give me improvements please :D the current set up is 12/4/9/8 with $20,500 in the bank.

BACKS: Goddard, Hodge, Deledio, Gilbee, Otten, Heppel, Richardson
(Tape, Watson, Talia)
MIDFIELDERS: Swan, Judd, Montagna, Bartel, D Swallow, Krakeour
(Gaff, Wallis, M Sewell)
RUCKS: Sandilands, Mumford
(Z Smith, Derickx)
FORWARDS: Riewoldt, Didak, Pavlich, Petterd, Petrie, Cook, I Smith
(Lamb, Karnezis, T Lynch)

thanks!

Pretty good team. The problems i find with it are:
1.Mumford is on the up, but has just had surgery, so keep a close eye on his nab form.

2.Sewell will probably end up at GWS in the rookie draft seeing as they have the first 8 picks.

3. be wary of Cook KKP take longer to develop, i would change him to Darling or Prestia someone like that.

4. There are better bench rookies then Talia(if your not using him for MPP) and Tape, they are more along the lines of KPP negating defenders eg. Hurley in defence this year.

5. Derickx although plays for the tigers i doubt will get gametime next year as there are atleast IMO 3 more young ruckman ahead of him may i sugest a R/F like Tom McDonald or Majak Daw

apart from that the team is pretty solid 7.5/10

Luigi197

1. sure thing, tho many other options if Mumford's injury seems to continue.
2. Sewell ok fair point. but are there any other 87k good rookies like him?
3. i'm not sure what you mean by Cook KKP (wat dos kkp even mean) having longer to develop... as in he's not quite ready for the big time yet?
4. What are some alternatives to Tape and Talia seeing tape was drafte 13.
5. fair point... but wat does IMO mean?

but thanks tho. will get working on the suggestions!

MTTY

Quote from: Luigi197 on December 04, 2010, 04:06:28 PM
1. sure thing, tho many other options if Mumford's injury seems to continue.
2. Sewell ok fair point. but are there any other 87k good rookies like him?
3. i'm not sure what you mean by Cook KKP (wat dos kkp even mean) having longer to develop... as in he's not quite ready for the big time yet?
4. What are some alternatives to Tape and Talia seeing tape was drafte 13.
5. fair point... but wat does IMO mean?

but thanks tho. will get working on the suggestions!

Sorry meant KPP- Key position player like Jack Watts or Michael Hurley or Tom Hawkins these guys usually dominate just before getting drafted because they have developed to the top of their game in their youth competetions and are usually stronger then most opponents. so they have to do this developing again in the AFL to become stronger then those opponents before they can score big consistently, this usually takes a few years.

The reason to stay away from Tape is that negating defenders don't usually score big in fantasy comps. eg. Presti

Some good rookies in mids at 87k are in my order of preference
1.Josh Green
2.Mitch Hallahan
3.Tom Liberatore
4.Ben Newton
5.Claye Beams
6.Joel Wilkinson

Some alternate defenders are:
1.Tendai Mzungu
2.Michael Coad
3.Josh Toy
4.Sam Iles
5.Ryan Lester
6.Billie Smedts
7.Ben Jacobs
8.Paul Puopolo
9.Trent McKenzie
10.Chistian Howard
11.Angus Litherland
12.Cameron O'Shea
13.Jake Batchelor

And IMO means in my opinion

Luigi197

TEAM EDITED!

thanks MTTY, i have put your thoughts into consideration and edited my team accordingly.

I would still like everyone to revise my rookies and see if i should change any of them; AND also my midpricers, are there better mid pricers for the current people at that price?? (but i do still want the mid-pricers..)

Hawka

personally i dont see many flaws at all after u edited it but will smetds get games
and i have backed of on being 100% on petrie play fwd all the time not havin abblet isnt great but u have swan,judd and monty to compensate

Luigi197

Quote from: hawka26 on December 06, 2010, 09:00:58 PM
personally i dont see many flaws at all after u edited it but will smetds get games
and i have backed of on being 100% on petrie play fwd all the time not havin abblet isnt great but u have swan,judd and monty to compensate

thnx, i'm not too fussed at the moment cause with 3 in the bench, i have plenty of cover if someone doesnt play..
BUT REMEMBER TO RATE IT out of 10!!! :)

Boomz

Quote from: Luigi197 on December 04, 2010, 02:18:05 PM
Hey people, this is my current updated team for the Pizza-Boys. Rate my team out of 10 please :) This is my updated draft with the fanplanner so feel free to criticise. I didnt know much about the rookies so forgive me about them and give me improvements please :D the current set up is 12/4/9/8 with $10,500 in the bank.

BACKS: Goddard, Hodge, Deledio, Gilbee, Otten, Heppel, Smedts
(Watson, Mzungu, Richardson)
MIDFIELDERS: Swan, Judd, Montagna, Bartel, D Swallow, Gaff
(Pitt, Krakeour, Hallahan)
RUCKS: Sandilands, Mumford
(T Mcdonald, Z Smith)
FORWARDS: Riewoldt, Didak, Pavlich, Petterd, Petrie, Prestia, I Smith
(Lamb, Darling, T Lynch)

thanks!

Nice team  :D Watson being a young KPP won't score well even if he does get games I'd pick Toy, Iles etc over him. Smedts isn't a bad pick but I don't think he'll get enough games. Mids look pretty good but same thing again not sure if Hallahan will get many games or Pitt. good forward line & rucks though maybe Mumford down to Jolly as he & Sandi are a very expensive combo to be starting with. 8/10 :)

DazBurg

i think it's a pretty good balanced team
only thing i could say is
1. andy otten could be good butalso is coming off a knee reco so watch his form closely....we are all at like a 50-50 split with him alot think his a bargain other half are wary

2. Petterd nothing wrong with him i just personally don't think his that good
but there are alot on here who like him but that doesn't mean u shouldn't pick him i'm not saying stats wise he will be bad i just don't think for his price his consistent enough for me but could turn out to be a great pick

as i always say follow your guy instincts ;)
other then that i think it's a great side
9 out of 10

Boomz

Forgot about Otten I'm one of the people that are wary that its really his 2nd season & coming back from a knee reco could go either way.

bomberboy0618

luigi i love the team, but i hate pettard. I dont know why, but i thought we agreed on that  ;)
9.5/10, i like it a lot, only concern is rookies as pre season form will only tell whether they will perform.

Hawka

Barlow 21

Very strong team. Good Backline with Gilbee as a unique. Let down by three cheapies/rookies but an excellent midfield pays up for this. Good forwardline once again too and I really like Didak. ;)

Well Done 9.5/10 ;D

Luigi197

thanks for the feedback guys, I'm really loving it.

i was always a bit wary of my rookie and mid-price selections.
I just need to know who everyone thinks are like the best 3-6 midpricers and the best rookies to have because of talent and game-time, but as usual, u can sometimes never know about a rookies or even a mid-pricers form... only time will tell....

i think my team is averaging like 9.25 or something thanks to BB's and Barlow's 9.5 :D

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Luigi197 on December 06, 2010, 09:27:58 PM
thanks for the feedback guys, I'm really loving it.

i was always a bit wary of my rookie and mid-price selections.
I just need to know who everyone thinks are like the best 3-6 midpricers and the best rookies to have because of talent and game-time, but as usual, u can sometimes never know about a rookies or even a mid-pricers form... only time will tell....

i think my team is averaging like 9.1 pr something thanks to BB's 9.5 :D
No probs ;)
How will we decide luigi?
You know what i mean ;)