Started by tom_scully, December 01, 2010, 11:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junktimer

MajorLazer

Oh ok. Well then I am Gen Y.

Do you know for sure, Junk?

Junktimer

MajorLazer

Ok. I really wasn't sure. Doesn't make much of a difference though.

pyronerd

i prefer to try to get as high as i can overall, any league success is just a bonus  :P

Barlow 21

Quote from: pyronerd on December 12, 2010, 12:20:55 AM
i prefer to try to get as high as i can overall, any league success is just a bonus  :P
Same. Aim is to win SC. ::)

j959

Quote from: Barlow 21 on December 12, 2010, 11:44:29 AM
Quote from: pyronerd on December 12, 2010, 12:20:55 AM
Same. Aim is to win SC. ::)
+1
but looking to be tough this year with the byes - for example in my current fanplanner i've got Goddard and Adcock who i'll have to find cover for in Rd4, even though that's a league bye from what i understand the round will still count for overall rank scores ... looking like at least 1 to 2 outs in each line every round to cover for overall.

i forgot about this thread when I posted this topic in the SC Strategy area.  :(

elephants

Quote from: MajorLazer on December 01, 2010, 11:45:54 PM
I don't think Collingwood play SC. They might though. I get your point but you did ask who would just try and win their league instead of the 50k and I answered the question.
hahah :)

MajorLazer

Quote from: elephants on December 31, 2010, 04:27:31 PM
Quote from: MajorLazer on December 01, 2010, 11:45:54 PM
I don't think Collingwood play SC. They might though. I get your point but you did ask who would just try and win their league instead of the 50k and I answered the question.
hahah :)
Thanks LE. ;)

Alex7089

OK Tom.
Last year I had a relatively good SC season, I had league success, not total domination in all leagues though :P
I won my school league thing
I was top 1,000 for most of the year until I decided to go on hiatus and not touch my team for a month. Obviously this wasn't good for my team. Anyway my point is, that was a good season, I probably WON'T be able to do so well this season, therefore I can accept I won't be winning the 50k.

There are other ways to make money, instead of going for a 1 in 300,000+ chance you might get 50k. Have a little fun!

ossie85

bomberboy0618

i dominated all my leagues but my starting team failed so bad that a few fluky picks and some good trades got me a late 20k rating.

nas

Quote from: Alex7089 on January 03, 2011, 03:06:21 AM

There are other ways to make money, instead of going for a 1 in 300,000+ chance you might get 50k. Have a little fun!

Yep like winning lotto I came very very close as I was only 6 numbers short of being a millionaire

tom_scully

Quote from: Alex7089 on January 03, 2011, 03:06:21 AM
OK Tom.
Last year I had a relatively good SC season, I had league success, not total domination in all leagues though :P
I won my school league thing
I was top 1,000 for most of the year until I decided to go on hiatus and not touch my team for a month. Obviously this wasn't good for my team. Anyway my point is, that was a good season, I probably WON'T be able to do so well this season, therefore I can accept I won't be winning the 50k.

Fair point Alex, but don't you sit back in hindsight and think what might have been, and also wonder how you can get better this year.
For me, it's not so much about the money. I'm just a really competitive person and can occasionally get a bit too serious about things, but always want to do the best I can at the highest possible level that I can.

Alex7089

Yeah I think about SC a lot, and footy for that matter. But at the end of the day, it's a game.
We all want to win, and things do tend to be a lot more fun when we are successful, but you also tend to be more successful if you're having fun.

If you have a competitive nature that is fair enough ;)