Main Menu

Overall vs League

Started by tom_scully, December 01, 2010, 11:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomz

I try & go for both but league comes first as I play in cash leagues against mates...

brodman_18

LOL nah you guys are all showere! i'm going to win the 50k next year..... LOL pull the other one Tom

Maca24

yea scully wtf. i play for leagues as the chances of winning are 1 in 350,000
leagues is still fun and there is always money on the line with mates.
but i like to make 1 team for leagues and the other for overall, even though i get no where near.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: tferrier18 on December 02, 2010, 12:28:35 AM
Most of my mates suck at SC lol...There's only 2 or 3 that are good/keep looking at it throughout the year so I have little motivation for league win.
Same with mine but think the majority of them don't even bother about leagues anymore. I'll join some leagues made on here for the Competition.

I try to go for overall, but I usually fail miserably. Same for the leagues.

So I only do this (and DT) to take up my spare time and have a get away from the stress of school. I'm not obsessed with winning either, just want to have a little fun on the journey.

LiveTheDream

At the end of the day you can do as much planning as you want but overall ranking often comes down to luck. I was ranked inside top 100 up till about round 10 and then made two very good trades... or so i thought (got hayes really cheap and traded waters for gilbert). Hayes had one good game and then was very patchy the rest of the year and Gilbert got a forward tag... goodbye top 1000.

To even come close to winning you basically can't put a foot wrong all year.

And this season was without byes......

tom_scully

Guess, I'm just  a competitive type of person. I ALWAYS think I can win any competition that I enter and play it with 100% effort until the end.

league win for me all the way (take money / beer from my mates)  :)

tom_scully

Just to satisfy curiosity, how many who voted leagues are Gen Y?

Justin Bieber

I'm Gen Y.

But I do a bit for both as I said before. But never any good :P.

MajorLazer

hawk_88

Gen Y and I voted for league.

Justin Bieber

So your like 10 years old ML? :P.

MajorLazer

No. I thought Gen Y stopped at 1994. Doesn't it? ???

Justin Bieber

I have no clue anymore -__-.

So many variations depending on where you look/hear.

MajorLazer

I'm really not sure either. :P

I thought that I was the oldest in Gen Z though.