Locked In
On The Short List
50/50
Unlikely
NO

Fletch74

Jed Lamb

Summary

Exciting prospect for the Swans drafted at pick #21 in the 2010 NAB Draft. Lamb is an exciting little pocket rocket who knows how to find the ball and then convert between the big sticks.

Played extremely well at U18 National Championships for Vic Country picking up 72 possessions in 5 games, plus kicking 7 goals. He is the perfect fit for the Swans forward line.

Jed Lamb AFL

The Crystal Ball

Based on m0nty's fanplanner

Price: $112,500

Position: FWD

Could be a good cheap forward for your bench if he gets a game early for the Swans.

Decision

A perfect replacement for Veszpremi for the Swans, so he could fit staright into their team. Definite short list for me.

Will you be having Lamb in your fwd line?

ossie85

The flavour of Australian and your SC team :)

Added bonus is that the Swans don't have any byes, and agree Fletch. Big short list for me

LiveTheDream

hawk_88

The problem being the sheer number of small forwards the Swans have.

Jetta, Dennis-Lane, McGlynn, Rohan, Moore, now Lamb and Gary Moss is training with the Swans and is likely to be picked up as well.

A lot of players to fit into 4 spots max most likely 3.

Like the kid but thought it was an odd pick for the Swans.

Jozz

in my mind jetta is a mid, dennis-lane is a med fwd, McGlynn is a mid, Rohan is a mid so i can def see him slotting in

likley for me

SydneyRox

Will all be about the pre season for Lamb. He could slot into the forward set up nicely, but as Hawk said there is a few guys going for the spots. McGlynn, Jetta, TDL and Moore are all in front of him right now in the small forward stakes, while there is still Byron Sumner, who got talked up alot before getting injured last year as well.
Traditionally Sydney small fwds dont score that well anyway? Unless they get a good rotation through the midfield, and I think that spot is more likely to go to Jetta, McGlynn and Rohan this year.

hawk_88

Quote from: Jozz on December 01, 2010, 11:44:33 AM
in my mind jetta is a mid, dennis-lane is a med fwd, McGlynn is a mid, Rohan is a mid so i can def see him slotting in

likley for me

You can categories them however you like, in the end, they all have to fit into the 22. Look at the Swans list and try and fit Jetta, McGlynn and Rohan into the midfield.

Bolton
Hannebery
Jack
Kennedy
McVeigh
Bird

O'Keefe
Goodes
Bradshaw

These are automatic picks. So you have 7 Forward spots (6 + 1) and 6 Midfield spots (5 + 1). From what I can see you have 4 spots left in the forward line. The forward flankers will probably play midfield type roles but are still picked in the forward line. There are other players competing for these remaining places as well so there isn't an empty spot there for him to fill. He will have to fight and earn a spot in that team.

Maca24

should get some games but think he will be in and out of the team, a bit like gary rohan this year. 50-50 for me, but unlikely at this stage.

Justin Bieber

He's shortlisted for me.

Need to see if he gets games first. He looks like he'll be a good player, but will he get early gametime with some competition up forward?

Junktimer

short listed, not sure if he will get games though.

Cruiseon

A bit like a horse, I can't pick him based on the name, Jed Lamb just doesn't sound, say like a Brownlow medalist.

Check the flow. Bobby Skilton, Peter Moore, Greg Williams, Tony Lockett, Paul Kelly, Michael Voss, Ben Cousins..... Jed Lamb. Nup.  :o

Sorry he is out for me.

hawk_88

Quote from: Cruiseon on December 08, 2010, 05:21:39 PM

A bit like a horse, I can't pick him based on the name, Jed Lamb just doesn't sound, say like a Brownlow medalist.

Check the flow. Bobby Skilton, Peter Moore, Greg Williams, Tony Lockett, Paul Kelly, Michael Voss, Ben Cousins..... Jed Lamb. Nup.  :o

Sorry he is out for me.

I know what you mean... like Dane Swan  :P

MajorLazer

Quote from: hawk_88 on December 08, 2010, 06:25:33 PM

Sorry he is out for me.

I know what you mean... like Dane Swan  :P
Where was Crawf on that list Cruise? :P

Wes Mantooth

Sorry he is out for me.

I don't know about you, but my team has never had a Brownlow medalist in all 22 on-field positions.

Junktimer

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on December 09, 2010, 01:49:16 AM

Sorry he is out for me.

I don't know about you, but my team has never had a Brownlow medalist in all 22 on-field positions.

nice one